What's new

Game Thread Jan 08, 2021 6:00PM MT: Jazz at Bucks

Added to Calendar: 01-08-21

Our lord and savior JC was unreal in the first half and The Don took over in the second half.

JC played the most minutes tonight with 35.
This is why I like ingles being out. Clarkson needs more minutes and I believe they should come at the expense of joe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

That fall Giannis took was weird as hell... that had to hurt... never seen someone fall on the front hip/pelvis area.

Would love to know George Niangs three point shooting percentage when the game is close as opposed to junk time or against horrible opposition.
He was fairly a better shooter in regular rotation minutes last year. His garbage time percentages were slightly lower.

Sweet! Hopefully Donovan and Bogey are coming back on track. Actually last year Boyan was shooting really bad in the preseason so with wrist injury, shorter preparation etc he should be fine soon. I don't think that our rollercoaster to begin the season is strange. It's combination of key players not stable yet and the matchups reality. We suffer against elite guards and active athletic perimeter D.

Dumb dunk by Bogey. Game was over he could've hurt his wrist. But then it seems like it was a frustration dunk so let it snow, letitsnow....

One nice thing about our inconsistent team is if someone goes down we can shuffle the roster no matter what and make it work.

Bucks have a great starting 5. Portis and DJ are nice off the bench. But I see the fact they're 7-deep as an issue - half their team are scrubs and if there are any injuries to the top-7 (which is bound to occur) they'll be impacted drastically.

One nice thing about our inconsistent team is if someone goes down we can shuffle the roster no matter what and make it work.

Bucks have a great starting 5. Portis and DJ are nice off the bench. But I see the fact they're 7-deep as an issue - half their team are scrubs and if there are any injuries to the top-7 (which is bound to occur) they'll be impacted drastically.
They have injuries currently, that's why you saw the deeper part of their bench. They are currently without Connaughton and Craig. They are a pretty deep team. DJ Wilson is the only out right scrub on their team from my view. Thanasis kind of is too, but he's at least a high effort player.

He was really good tonight. His defense has improved quite a bit... why do peopl feel the need to mock him when he helps us win?
Yeah, he had a number of standout defensive plays and even had some hustle tip outs for offensive rebounds.

All season it has felt like he has been solid on D. His DBPM doesnt bare that out, but it feels that way.

It's still frustrating that he's getting so many minutes over Oni though because it feels like Oni could do all those things, and more, on the defensive end and the offense would eventually come around with enough rotation experience. I thought with Ingles being out that would happen, but Quin really does not trust anyone outside of the top 9 players.