What's new

Game Thread Jan 08, 2021 6:00PM MT: Jazz at Bucks

Added to Calendar: 01-08-21

So Jazz beat a top 5 team on the road without Ingles
But every one else plays great including Donovan and Bojan
So what does this mean? Probably nothing. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Do yall forget what early season basketball is?

It's actually fun because everyone is trying and you don't actually know who is legit/fake yet.

Can we all finally agree that the Clarkson deal was a ****ing steal:

Clarkson: 16.7ppg, 4.2rpg - 49%/42%

All 6th men and/or swingmen that play comparable minutes. All signed for more money:
Bogdan: 10ppg, 4rpg
Bertans: 12ppg, 2rpg
Kennard: 8ppg, 2rpg
KCP: 10ppg, 1rpg
Malik Beasley: 17ppg - 5rpg - volume numbers - below average eFG% - 49%. Clarkson 59%.

The only exception is Joe Harris - and with Durant and Kyrie on the floor he does nothing but take wide open corner 3's. He also has a longer deal than Clarkson and averages 6mil more a season.

Yeah, he had a number of standout defensive plays and even had some hustle tip outs for offensive rebounds.

All season it has felt like he has been solid on D. His DBPM doesnt bare that out, but it feels that way.

It's still frustrating that he's getting so many minutes over Oni though because it feels like Oni could do all those things, and more, on the defensive end and the offense would eventually come around with enough rotation experience. I thought with Ingles being out that would happen, but Quin really does not trust anyone outside of the top 9 players.
It just kills me when guys clearly don’t watch because his defense was noticeable and he hit a three. I get he isn’t the most entertaining guy but we don’t have to hate on a player.

All 6th men and/or swingmen that play comparable minutes. All signed for more money:
Malik Beasley: 17ppg - 5rpg - volume numbers - below average eFG% - 49%. Clarkson 59%.

The only exception is Joe Harris - and with Durant and Kyrie on the floor he does nothing but take wide open corner 3's. He also has a longer deal than Clarkson and averages 6mil more a season.
It feels like he's trying harder on D too. I'm a little surprised. I thought he might have had a contract year, but he is truly invested this year on both ends.

When Clarkson came here I thought that he is just on some hot streak which will end in couple of games. Now I expect every wildest shot he makes to go in and am really surprised when he misses.

But we lost Exum LOLOL

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

We need to compare JC to guys like Lebron and Giannis not these scrubs.

It feels like he's trying harder on D too. I'm a little surprised. I thought he might have had a contract year, but he is truly invested this year on both ends.
The defensive effort and energy had been worlds better. Maybe he’s just getting better? He improved last year by changing his shot profile. This year he’s done even better. He just always looks like he’s having fun out there. I just love him.

The defensive effort and energy had been worlds better. Maybe he’s just getting better? He improved last year by changing his shot profile. This year he’s done even better. He just always looks like he’s having fun out there. I just love him.
Been saying it for a long time, but every good team needs a gunner like CJ on the bench. It was amazing how he transformed one of the worst benches last year, and helped rip off ten straight the moment he joined the team.

I felt he was trying hard in the playoffs with some success here and there. He was definitely scrappy and hustling. Probably because it's the playoffs but it's nice to see it continue in the regular season. It's going to help better in the playoffs this season.

Every time JC checks in and just starts throwing up shots, I laugh. I’m not laughing at him, and I’m not laughing with him, and I don’t know why I laugh, I just do. He comes in and starts chucking, and normally I’d be laughing at the chucker. He puts up shots that I would never tolerate from any other player, but if he does it I’m some how cool with it. I’m also more confident in him putting up a shot than anyone else on the team, especially around the basket.

Every time JC checks in and just starts throwing up shots, I laugh. I’m not laughing at him, and I’m not laughing with him, and I don’t know why I laugh, I just do. He comes in and starts chucking, and normally I’d be laughing at the chucker. He puts up shots that I would never tolerate from any other player, but if he does it I’m some how cool with it. I’m also more confident in him putting up a shot than anyone else on the team, especially around the basket.
You are basically laughing at the competition because you know they can't stop him