What's new

Game Thread Jan 10, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Cavaliers

Added to Calendar: 01-10-23

I wonder if Australia or Europe got hit as bad as the US did with the avian flu. It wiped out millions of chickens and turkeys this (well technically last) year.
Aaah, right. There were no cases of avian flu found in Finland amongst domestic poultry last year (24 cases found in wild birds shot by hunters or found dead in nature).

Seems in February 2021 the officials in Finland ordered all domestic poultry to be kept indoors at all times, until future notice. I guess that has worked.

We don't win that game without the heroics of Clarkson down the stretch. Dude scored 9 points in just over 40 seconds taking us from five down to four up with about 41 ticks on the clock. Amazing game even Don appreciated what Clarkson was laying down, 'He had that look in his eye and I was just like, damn, it's going to be one of those back-and-forth nights,'' Mitchell said. He earned his extension as far as I'm concerned!

Also, really happy to see the totally classy reception that Mitchell got. Really nice tribute and standing O! You could tell that Mitchell was appreciative.

Untill he was put in a position to come back. He chokes. Think of all the game winners the last few years. Mitchell loses way more than he wins.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Not so much anymore. I'm putting a lot of that on Snyder, a coach should exude confidence and Snyder always looked like he'd been snorting crystal meth down the stretch.

We don't win that game without the heroics of Clarkson down the stretch. Dude scored 9 points in just over 40 seconds taking us from five down to four up with about 41 ticks on the clock. Amazing game even Don appreciated what Clarkson was laying down, 'He had that look in his eye and I was just like, damn, it's going to be one of those back-and-forth nights,'' Mitchell said. He earned his extension as far as I'm concerned!

Also, really happy to see the totally classy reception that Mitchell got. Really nice tribute and standing O! You could tell that Mitchell was appreciative.
He can be an absolute flamethrower, but in my mind he really earned the extension way before in December when he willingly gave the driver seat to Lauri.

Tonight Lauri wasnt great despite his stats, and JC did exactly what a #2 should do and picked up the slack when our #1 struggled.

Great game by JC.

He can be an absolute flamethrower, but in my mind he really earned the extension way before in December when he willingly gave the driver seat to Lauri.

Tonight Lauri wasnt great despite his stats, and JC did exactly what a #2 should do and picked up the slack when our #1 struggled.

Great game by JC.
Yeah, the Cavs knew what Lauri was gonna do before he knew it. He was scouted as well as I've seen anyone do it this season. And no wonder, of course.

JC wasn't perfect - he had his customary boneheaded turnovers and dribbled too much at times - but he was invaluable in crunch time

The bar for Lauri seems to be set higher and higher. When he scores more points than his points average this season, while also grabbing more rebounds than anybody has this season on average, the result is "slack" and "not great" :D

JC definitively was great though, no question about that :)

The bar for Lauri seems to be set higher and higher. When he scores more points than his points average this season, while also grabbing more rebounds than anybody has this season on average, the result is "slack" and "not great" :D

JC definitively was great though, no question about that :)
Eyeball test. He is turning into a superstar in getting to FT line, but this game his finishing was a bit off on all levels.

But overall you are correct.. standards have been raised. ;)

JC going Reggie Miller last night wasn't on my Jazz Bingo card. I'm glad it happened. Good game.

Rudy Gay still sucks and it blows me away that he's still playing. I'd rather see Doka than Gay.

Honestly the best part of this win is that we won't have to hear lopo gloat about Mitchell's performance. He had a couple of missed threes late that helped seal it. Had they won, I'm afraid lopo would be insufferable!