What's new

Game Thread Jan 17, 2021 6:00PM MT: Jazz at Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 01-17-21

Nuggets have the best offensive rebounding game of any team all season and The Jazz still manage to win on the road.

Really looked like we didn't want it at times.

I'll take a road revenge win any day though.

but guys make a ****ing Free Throw will you!

How did Miye Oni look? I don’t have time rn to go through the comments and see if anyone already addressed it. Any/all insight on him would be appreciated. Thanks.

6 players in Double figures will often do it. . .

That was what was missing in our playoff losses.
Exactly. Was talking with some fellow Jazz fans the other day and we arrived at the conclusion that the Jazz FINALLY have a roster that can survive an off night from Mitchell and whoever happens to be option 1A at any given time. That’s the difference between a first round playoff exit and a Game 7 in the WCF’s.

I initially was on the fence if acquiring Clarkson was the best trade in Utah Jazz history (I was leaning towards Hornacek), but his start to the season has convinced me otherwise. It’s hard to fathom that just 2 months ago there was a decent amount of Jazz fans wringing their hands over Clarkson’s new contract.

How did Miye Oni look? I don’t have time rn to go through the comments and see if anyone already addressed it. Any/all insight on him would be appreciated. Thanks.
He did well. I think he needs more PT. Defended well and played with energy.

Can’t wait for the quotes thread.

Hoping to get some smug comments from before the game smug comments at how Murray is destroying us in first half, then frustration at not being able to hold a lead, the usual comments on how Clarkson is a Nuggets killer, then how Murray sux. Lol

Exactly. Was talking with some fellow Jazz fans the other day and we arrived at the conclusion that the Jazz FINALLY have a roster that can survive an off night from Mitchell and whoever happens to be option 1A at any given time. That’s the difference between a first round playoff exit and a Game 7 in the WCF’s.

I initially was on the fence if acquiring Clarkson was the best trade in Utah Jazz history (I was leaning towards Hornacek), but his start to the season has convinced me otherwise. It’s hard to fathom that just 2 months ago there was a decent amount of Jazz fans wringing their hands over Clarkson’s new contract.

Taking Hornacek vs. Clarkson out of the equation for a moment, we gave up Jeff Malone in the deal who was averaging 16 ppg that year and had averaged 18 ppg the year before for us. For Clarkson, on the other hand, we traded a guy who was averaging 2.2 ppg.

But one hell of a trade is how we traded Eric Leckner, Bobby Hansen, and a first round pick for Jeff Malone who was averaging 24 ppg at the time.

It's still Hornacek but Clarkson is a close 2nd.