What's new

Game Thread Jan 28, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks

Added to Calendar: 01-28-23

Great quarter! Everyone looked really good. Markkanen, Sexton and Kessler especially.

Imo those 3 are the three who look the best most consistently. Clakson looks the best a lot too but also looks the worst sometimes.

Its bodes well that all 3 of the guys who usually play the best are younger players.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Sexton is shooting 50% from the field and 41.5% from 3 on the year. He is crazy efficient.

They just showed his last 6 games and he’s averaging 15.8 PPG on 56.5% from the field and 63.6% from 3.

What is his free throw percentage and how many attempts does he get per game. Thats a huge part of his efficiency as well that makes him even more efficient.
I feel like his free throw percentage is a bit lower than it should be though. Im guessing 76% or something.

This is the only life they know.

Lol so true.
Post of the thread.

Should help them in the future having so many close games all year.
Im guessing jazz are number 1 in the nba in games decided by less than 10 points.

As good as Clarkson, Conley, KO, Kessler and others have been this year, Lauri becoming a monster is by far the biggest reason we are a 0.500 team vs competing for top lottery odds.

Ya i still believe the plan when we traded everyone in the off season was to be pretty horrible. I just think the front office had no idea Lauri was going to be as good as lebron and giannis and luka etc.
I bet we would have traded clarkson and conley in the off season if there were any good offers but their value wasnt much.

What is his free throw percentage and how many attempts does he get per game. Thats a huge part of his efficiency as well that makes him even more efficient.
I feel like his free throw percentage is a bit lower than it should be though. Im guessing 76% or something.

Actually it's 82.9%

Actually it's 82.9%

Wow, thanks for the info. I was way off. Thats pretty great. I felt like he had struggled from the line.

He has been fantastic. Better than i thought he would be and i thought he was the prize of the cavs trade.

Markkanen - 29 points (4/8 from 3) and 5 rebounds

Beasley - 19 points (5/11 from 3) and 4 rebounds

Kessler - 14 points, 11 rebounds, 5 blocks

Clarkson - 14 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals

Vanderbilt - 7 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists

Conley - 4 points, 11 assists, 5 rebounds, 4 steals
Hot damn Kessler! Continues to impress.

Hadn't seen anything regarding the halftime interview with the original O.G., and inimitable A.D. He and Thurl were fun to listen to with their stories and apparently hail from the same area in or around DC. Also and most important, as to what he's up to now at almost 68, he's apparently officiating and volunteering as a school crosswalk guard. Pretty cool IMO! I've never seen anything like this "6'5" power forward (stood right next to him, and couldn't have been more than 6'3") that was so crafty and could use his caboose to clear out enough space to get his shot off. I think I have more respect now with how he gives back than ever.