What's new

Jazz (26-12) at Wizards (13-25), Sunday 1/12/20, 1:30pmMT, 3:30pmET

Kind of weird, but I was never really worried. Felt like the Jazz were going to win the entire team.
I was worried at the half, but in retrospect probably shouldn't have been as much as I was. This isn't the first time this team has picked up defensive intensity after the break, and the Wizards were hitting midrange shots at a probably not sustainable rate.

I was worried at the half, but in retrospect probably shouldn't have been as much as I was. This isn't the first time this team has picked up defensive intensity after the break, and the Wizards were hitting midrange shots at a probably not sustainable rate.
Ian Mahini and Ish Smith hit back to back 3's and I kind of knew the Jazz would come back.

He and Bogey are both good at taking their guy to the basket on mismatches. That's the kind of thing this team has missed in the past against switching defenses.
Between Mudiay and Clarkson the Jazz end up running a lot of quasi postups that I'm not sure even get counted as postups.

He and Bogey are both good at taking their guy to the basket on mismatches. That's the kind of thing this team has missed in the past against switching defenses.
Last year we had one guy who you could give the ball to and get you a basket. And he was surrounded by non-shooters. We’ve added 3 more (3.5 if you want to be liberal and count Mudiay for the hell of it) and we only play with one non-shooter (1.5 if you want to be a downer and count Mudiay... from deep at least).

I’d like to see Houston handle that in a 7 game series.

I'm sure he'll be open to a reasonable extension. Then again I thought George Hill would be too :(
yeah it would be tough. especially we don't want him at a price that's so unreasonable that it cripples our ability in making other FA signings. luckily we do have some backup options to choose from if JC decide to get greedy. allonzo trier would be a nice plan B

are you being sarcastic ? I hate Exum and I'm glad he's gone. I renamed his Bustum

I doubt we win this game without Clarkson. How many games could we said that about Exum?

How the hell don’t you you get the sarcasm from my post? Like seriously guys. It’s not that hard. In fact, when I originally posted it, I thought the sarcasm was so obvious it wouldn’t even be funny. Especially the part in bold. How don’t you get the sarcasm? How do you think that’s a serious post? I even put 3 periods to emphasize the sarcasm.

are you sure? Maybe we gave up on Exum too soon? I mean Exum played decent defense on harden that one time 3 years ago...

NBA Live doesn’t count.

;)

I know Exum had that one good game. And he’s back to missing games again. Lol so he’s definitely better than Clarkson. Lol

Clarkson is routinely in that 15-25 pt range off our bench. If it weren’t for Mitchell, he’d be our best offensive scorer.
But he scored 28. That’s more than Clarkson has scored for us. Plus that defense on Harden and we still have 4 games against Houston left.

Kind of weird, but I was never really worried. Felt like the Jazz were going to win the entire team.

Same. I felt like it was always in the Jazz hands and it was just a matter of whether or not they decided that they wanted to defend well enough to take it.

But he scored 28. That’s more than Clarkson has scored for us. Plus that defense on Harden and we still have 4 games against Houston left.

you’re right. We totally screwed up. Is there a way we could get Exum back? Can we trade Gobert and Mitchell? Think Cleveland would accept?

you’re right. We totally screwed up. Is there a way we could get Exum back? Can we trade Gobert and Mitchell? Think Cleveland would accept?
If there’s anything a few posters here have taught me, it’s that Mitchell is just a chucker who was able to chuck his way to success. Exum wasn’t afforded that opportunity. Toda shows we don’t need Mitchell. Trade Conley and Mitchell for Exum and Love.