What's new

Jazz Actively Exploring Trade Scenarios

Memory tells me that when it's reported that the Jazz are "active," nothing happens, and when they're "passive," trades happen.

Good chance nothing happens.

Memory tells me that when it's reported that the Jazz are "active," nothing happens, and when they're "passive," trades happen.

Good chance nothing happens.

As much as I would like to see a trade that would help the Jazz, we have to remember that most teams have a goal to get better younger, cheaper players in return for older more expensive players. In order to get that, the other teams expect you to give up something you don't want to give up, or to take something from them that neither of you want.

If there is not a deal out there that helps, then I would prefer KOC not make a bad trade just to make a trade. Don't demand that the Jazz make a trade then complain that it wasn't the trade they wanted and call KOC an idiot. Not every trade works out, but I am glad the Jazz are careful and don't make a lot of trades just for the sake of making a move.

As much as I would like to see a trade that would help the Jazz, we have to remember that most teams have a goal to get better younger, cheaper players in return for older more expensive players. In order to get that, the other teams expect you to give up something you don't want to give up, or to take something from them that neither of you want.

If there is not a deal out there that helps, then I would prefer KOC not make a bad trade just to make a trade. Don't demand that the Jazz make a trade then complain that it wasn't the trade they wanted and call KOC an idiot. Not every trade works out, but I am glad the Jazz are careful and don't make a lot of trades just for the sake of making a move.

Herein is the genius to Greg & KOC's madness! They want that 5th seed, will they be willing to trade younger, less expensive talent to get veterans at 50 cents on the dollar? It is all clear to me now!

At worst I would like to see us make a trade to shed salary and free up playing time for the young guys. Bell for a 2nd round pick + expiring deal would be a pretty good deadline deal. Would like to see Howard moved also but I know that's probably not happening unless it's in a bigger deal. We all want an upgrade at point guard, but I don't see it happening at this point.

Herein is the genius to Greg & KOC's madness! They want that 5th seed, will they be willing to trade younger, less expensive talent to get veterans at 50 cents on the dollar? It is all clear to me now!
Agree. I think Utah can maybe get a player like Maggette or Grant Hill if KOC is willing to throw in one of our young bench warmers. No need to keep the youngsters around if Corbin isn't going to play them. It's not like they're going to re-sign with the Jazz; they'll want to go to a team where the coach and GM both have the cajones to stand up to whiny, limited-talent veterans.

Translation: KoC is listening to other teams interested in a trade when they call us. Which he always does.
Do I think he's actually initiating trade talks with another team regarding a specific Jazz player? No.

At worst I would like to see us make a trade to shed salary and free up playing time for the young guys. Bell for a 2nd round pick + expiring deal would be a pretty good deadline deal. Would like to see Howard moved also but I know that's probably not happening unless it's in a bigger deal. We all want an upgrade at point guard, but I don't see it happening at this point.

If I'm not mistaken, KOC recently said, during all this Bell drama, that they're not going to make a trade that involves getting an expiring player back. I could be wrong though.

If I'm not mistaken, KOC recently said, during all this Bell drama, that they're not going to make a trade that involves getting an expiring player back. I could be wrong though.

If the goal is to make the playoffs this year though, where is the logic in that? If they can trade Bell for a player that can be productive and help the Jazz make the playoffs, while the player also expires at the end of the season sounds logical to me.