What's new

jazz are clueless

oldtimer

Orlando is holding jameer nelson out of the game because he allegedly woke up with a bloody nose. This occurred some 8-12 hours before the game but out of an abundance of caution he probably wont play. This was on hoopshype rumors. That is how you tank properly. Jazz conversely played favors 35 mins vs. Boston and he was supposed to be on restricted mins. because of his hip.

problem is TY is coaching for his job.

exactly. Its the management that needs to make it happen. You cant expect Ty to purposely tank games unless he is assured a new contract. Which is why the Jazz should extend him. I know people dont like him, but I think extending would be worth getting what we want here.

This is a Jazz management issue. Not a coaching issue.

exactly. Its the management that needs to make it happen. You cant expect Ty to purposely tank games unless he is assured a new contract. Which is why the Jazz should extend him. I know people dont like him, but I think extending would be worth getting what we want here.

This is a Jazz management issue. Not a coaching issue.

I agree, which is why we should've fired him a long time ago.

So, as you can see, this is all about Ty, but he's so dumb, by him trying to keep his job he's making the team he would be coaching worse. If he had a brain, he'd meet with the FO and say, I want to continue to coach the Jazz next year -- I don't know what you guys want, but if I do, I want to get the best draft pick possible, which means that I'm not going to go all out and try to win every game, if you know what I mean ...

tbh. I think most coaches are coaching to win the game.

BUT, they are also sitting players to put them selves at a disadvantage on purpose. So we need to bench favors as much as possible.

Lord Silver has spoken and said that a NBA team has never in history attempted to lose a game on purpose.

All hail Lord Silver.

No, fail is what most of you are for NEVER being happy. But its fun to watch, so carry on. Go Jazz

Yea and it only took one post before people turned it into a Ty should be fired thread. Why? because he isn't losing enough. Wow!!!

No, fail is what most of you are for NEVER being happy. But its fun to watch, so carry on. Go Jazz

^^^^^^^^^^^^ = the king of bitching about bitching

Could it be that Lindsey a) knows we don't have much of a shot at finishing top-5 and b) feels that there are multiple players at 6-10 who would be good fits?

Core4 we are one game out of bottom 5 and 2 games out of a bottom 4. We should be doing everything possible to tank. The fact that nelson did end up playing doesn't change the point. Orlando wanted him to sit out because of a bloody nose. Jameer who was not injured refused to sit. Orlando still lost.

So, as you can see, this is all about Ty, but he's so dumb, by him trying to keep his job he's making the team he would be coaching worse. If he had a brain, he'd meet with the FO and say, I want to continue to coach the Jazz next year -- I don't know what you guys want, but if I do, I want to get the best draft pick possible, which means that I'm not going to go all out and try to win every game, if you know what I mean ...
If he came to the management with this they would and should fire him on the spot.

Could it be that Lindsey a) knows we don't have much of a shot at finishing top-5 and b) feels that there are multiple players at 6-10 who would be good fits?
Maybe he just doesn't buy the hype. Honestly I've been less than impressed with most of the guys at the top of the draft. I think the mentality of the team and the example to players about always trying to win is more important.