What's new

Jazz at Clippers Dec 29--8:30

Wow, what a terrible game thread.

My boy Hayward goes off for 14 tonight, including the game winner. Book it.

"Your boy"? SMH.

I was just gonna predict a breakout game for him though. I can feel it.

This game scares me, moreso than the next Portland one because Clippers have lost to us twice in close games and the have won 5 of their last 6.

Hopefully we continue playing well after a loss. We haven't had b2b losses since the beginning of the season. that's a streak i'd like to keep going.

This is going to be a huge loss. When the pregame starts talking about Hayward to score a lot of points, that's when you know we're doomed.

I didn't see this mentioned. This game is also going to be on NBA TV tonight. Thought those outside the FSN Utah area would like to know that.

Difference between Gomes at Sap at the 3 is that Gomes shoots 3s, Millsap doesn't.

You are just asking for them to zone us.
Gomes shoots 32% on the year for 3's, and Millsap is just as tall or a bit taller.

Your point being?

Update: It takes all of two and a half minutes to validate Sloan's lack of wisdom in playing Millsap at the 4, as he picks up two fouls. Sloan's replacement? A player who is an inch or two taller but also 50+ pounds skinner. At least Evans is more expendable--now that Sloan has put a key player in foul trouble for the first half. But the height disadvantage remains, with two fresh 7-footers (and another Turkish near-7-footer) still on the bench.

These Clippers announcers are just incredibly terrible. At least one of 'em is. He keeps calling Hayward 'Haywood' and also managed to refer to Big Al as Paul Millsap just seconds after it was made clear that Millsap exited the court with two fouls.

Another point by these morons:

"Jefferson doesn't block shots. Neither does Okur."

At least they got half of it right.

Bell can't hit the broad side of a _______.
Recognizing the idiocy of his ways, Sloan sits down the skinny rookie and puts in a near-7-footer. The proposed lineup is in place (except for Millsap, who is in early foul trouble). Not bad, Jerry; it took only two blunders to approach a valid lineup.

Early, Hayward has outrebounded the entire Jazz frontcourt--check that; the entire Jazz team..

Fesenko could be a really good defender if he could make it up the court before the other team scores.

Fesenko could be a really good defender if he could make it up the court before the other team scores.
Yeah, amazing that Fes has outscored, outrebounded (and outblocked) AJ so far and that KF has the highest (or least bad) +/- after 7 grueling minutes of play (as of 7:50 in Q2) despite KF's inability to "make it up the court."

The knock on Aminu in the draft was that he couldn't shoot. Guess he's been working on his shot. Good looking player.