What's new

Jazz At Knicks - 3/9/13 - 5:30 PM MST

what good is a point guard. when the coach ha sno offensive system other than dump it down

Well one that isn't a turnover machine and doesn't take dumbass shots would be nice, even if that is the offensive system.

His three games back he's had 14 assists and 13 turnovers. For a PG that's dreadful. Plus he's shooting 26% from the field since he's been back.

But beyond numbers the eye test is just depressing to see. It's not like he's missing good shots here. He takes shots that would get younger players benched in a heart beat. He's also one of the worst ball handling PGs I've ever seen. I've never seen a PG at the NBA level lose his dribble as much as Mo does.

The thing with Mo that's going to suck in future years is that he's going to be taking all the shots down the stretch in close games instead of going through the actual offense with the core 4. This year the dude is 1/15 in clutch shots.

Now you all, and especially DUTCHJAZZER will see, that our real Problem is not AL, but rather it´s MILLSAP.

Way to go.

Shouldof won a couple of the last games - what happened when Sap went out? Yeah.

Millsap right now is our best player. Sure Kanter n Favors have more potential, but for winning games now, it hurts the Jazz BADLY when Sap isn't playing. Of course if Slow Al wasn't playing we would be a better team - better ball movement and of course better defense.

It's never a good thing to have the heart and soul of your team out, especially someone like Sap who contributes in so many ways.

I missed the game bt how the hell did we lose? They didnt have 2 of their best players... Utah is definitely not a playoff team w Aj

Corbin: Where age discrimination collides with short sided vision multiplied by no true coaching philosophy = The 2012-13 Utah Jazz.

I think its gotta be the coaches fault. You cant give mnutes like he gives. anytime we build up momentum with a set of players they are subbed out

Well one that isn't a turnover machine and doesn't take dumbass shots would be nice, even if that is the offensive system.

His three games back he's had 14 assists and 13 turnovers. For a PG that's dreadful. Plus he's shooting 26% from the field since he's been back.

But beyond numbers the eye test is just depressing to see. It's not like he's missing good shots here. He takes shots that would get younger players benched in a heart beat. He's also one of the worst ball handling PGs I've ever seen. I've never seen a PG at the NBA level lose his dribble as much as Mo does.

Awesome post.

I can understand mo being a lil rusty. That would be understandable since he was out for months. But the most frustrating thing has been his awful with his decision making. Like, I have seen kids in jr. high with better decision making. You would have thought somewhere along the way in high school, college, etc he would have learned. Unfortunately, he hasn't. How many moronic passes does he need to make? Or ill-advised drives into brick walls? How many more 3s does he need to chuck up on 2 on 1 fast breaks? They are essentially turnovers.

And then you hear the jazz media and coach claim that the young players aren't ready. Judging by the decision making and effort, big al, Marvin, and Mo just aren't ready.

Awesome post.

I can understand mo being a lil rusty. That would be understandable since he was out for months. But the most frustrating thing has been his awful with his decision making. Like, I have seen kids in jr. high with better decision making. You would have thought somewhere along the way in high school, college, etc he would have learned. Unfortunately, he hasn't. How many moronic passes does he need to make? Or ill-advised drives into brick walls? How many more 3s does he need to chuck up on 2 on 1 fast breaks? They are essentially turnovers.

And then you hear the jazz media and coach claim that the young players aren't ready. Judging by the decision making and effort, big al, Marvin, and Mo just aren't ready.

The scary thing is that with the way KOC was talking when they trading for him, is that it sounded like the FO wanted to resign him at the end of the season. If he is resigned, I see him being the starter for the next several years.

The thing with Mo that's going to suck in future years is that he's going to be taking all the shots down the stretch in close games instead of going through the actual offense with the core 4. This year the dude is 1/15 in clutch shots.

Mo kindof thinks he's Jesus

Corbin: Where age discrimination collides with short sided vision multiplied by no true coaching philosophy = The 2012-13 Utah Jazz.

Nice one OG
Repped