What's new

Jazz @ Blazers - Dec 6th - 8PM MST

Where are you getting this from? Wes Matthews is making $6.9 million this year.

So he makes $6.9 million a year and some people want to pay Hayward between $10-$12 million. Seriously, how could Hayward not take the $10m. I think Hayward is a better all around player but he isn't as tough as Wes. The difference between two isn't over $3m.

I'll have to research some stats on this, because it sure looks like this season is a mirror image of Bobcatsville.

Well, I'm procrastinating right now so I"ll do your research for you.

I assume you mean the 2011-12 Bobcats, since they truly had a horrendous season that year. It was a shortened season, and they won 7 of their 66 games, for a win percentage of roughly 10.5%. The Jazz are currently sitting at a 4-17 record, which comes out to be a win percentage of about 19%. Considering the Jazz have been playing much better with Burke back in the lineup, and since the Jazz have had the hardest strength of schedule up to this point of the season (they posted the stat during the Portland game), I think it is fair to extrapolate that they are more likely do better than worse for the rest of the season.

Looking at other stats, the Bobcats were ranked dead last in both Offensive Rating and Defensive Rating that season. They shot a dreadful 41% from the field on the season, and shot under 30% from three. They were next to last in total rebounding, as well. The Jazz are currently 27th in offensive rating and 29th in defensive rating. They are shooting 43% from the field and 32.5% from three. The Jazz are actually rebounding quite well, currently ranked at 12th in the league.

So the Jazz are playing very poorly, but not as poorly as the 2011-12 Bobcats.