What's new

Jazz currently laughing stock of the NBA?

First Kobe, now DRose. I see an emerging pattern of near retirees going off on us.

Hey, Numb! Your the one that's disliked on this board with no substance posts that any knucklehead could come up with! The content of your posts are so shallow that they belong in a funny book!
Ah, yes, the I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I defense. That’s embarrassing even for you; a 50-year old confederate with the literacy of a 4th grader.

Last edited:
A former NBA MVP scores 50 and the team that gave it up is a laughing stock?? I don't think so. It's what great players do. Rose reached deep into his past and pulled out one more great performance. Good for him. It was more of a positive for Rose than a negative for the Jazz.

The laughing stock right now is Houston. If you think the Jazz are struggling watch a Rockets game lol

Hey, Numb! Your the one that's disliked on this board with no substance posts that any knucklehead could come up with! The content of your posts are so shallow that they belong in a funny book!
Like the satanic verses? That was hilarious!

We aren't the laughing stock, but nobody fears us this year like they did towards the end of last year. All the expectations and Gobert/Mitchell praise put a bullseye on our backs. Nobody, not a single player or coach, is exceeding expectations on either end of the court.

We need to get our **** together or we will become a laughing stock.

A former NBA MVP scores 50 and the team that gave it up is a laughing stock??
Malone once dropped 50 on Seattle while almost at 40 years old and nobody was laughing. carolinajazz on the other hand is laughing stock for sure.

We aren't the laughing stock, but nobody fears us this year like they did towards the end of last year. All the expectations and Gobert/Mitchell praise put a bullseye on our backs. Nobody, not a single player or coach, is exceeding expectations on either end of the court.

We need to get our **** together or we will become a laughing stock.

what happens is exactly what I said would. Mitchell can't sneak up on people this year. He is priority number 1 on opposing teams scouting reports and they have a year worth of film on him. Gobert is what he is and I never see that changing. He is limited on the offense end.

what happens is exactly what I said would. Mitchell can't sneak up on people this year. He is priority number 1 on opposing teams scouting reports and they have a year worth of film on him. Gobert is what he is and I never see that changing. He is limited on the offense end.

You are absolutely right. Other guys have to step up since Gobert and Mitchell will absorb the offensive and defensive focus of our opponents. So far, consistently, nobody has stepped up. Ingles and Rubio have a few games between them, but overall they have disappointed. Not to mention Favors.

LOL!!! I'm curious about the derivation of the term laughing stock.
The age of the phrase may be the reason that it is often linked with the practice of putting people into stocks as a punishment. The stocks were a means of punishment in use at the time the phrase was coined, by which people were tortured or ridiculed. Victims were held by having their ankles, and occasionally the wrists too, trapped in holes between two sliding boards. The punishment, although not as harsh as the pillory, in which people were confined by the neck, was severe and certainly not intended to be humorous.

Stocks and pillories are no longer used a means of punishment. More recently, it's become commonplace at school fairs and charity events to put volunteers into stocks and pillories and throw wet sponges at them. This is for humorous effect of course and has no doubt added to the idea that 'laughing-stock' originated this way.

The stock in question isn't that though. It refers to the meaning of stock as 'something solid that things can be fixed to', that is, a butt or stump. So, 'laughing-stock' is just the same as 'the butt of the joke'.

It may be that the association between 'laughing-stock' and the practise of ridiculing people in the stocks grew over time. There's no reference to that in any of the early citations of the phrase though, and it seems clear that isn't the way the phrase originated.

The laughing stock right now is Houston. If you think the Jazz are struggling watch a Rockets game lol

You say right about that! Anybody who would trade for Crymellow.....and THEN pay him hugh sums of money to make there team worse, fits the bill as a laughing stock!