What's new

Jazz FA rumors

I'm ok with Foye under a couple scenarios:
1. Corbin plays Burks/Foye as the backup guard tandem when Burke is out of the game. Alec had some pretty good success playing alongside Foye last year. Also means the Jazz could get away with one less PG and/or bring Neto over this year. Or,

2. Corbin only plays Randy 24 mins MAX at SG, with Burks getting the other 24 mins.
2a. Hayward has to play SF (not a problem with Marvin out) so Burks can get 24 mins at SG.

Foye and Carroll I'm ok with......Foye can play some minutes at backup pg. Just flat out love Carroll's heart and soul. Both come cheap and could be convinced to come off the bench. Not a huge salary cap hit and good locker room guys.

^^^ Not eloquently stated. But seriously, who the **** cares about Randy Foye. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but, come on. I will ****ing lose it if Burks gets buried again because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience because he doesn't have the experience but can't get experience because he doesn't have experience but he can't get the experience

tl;dr

I'm sure you can get this one.

Esportes Americanos ‏@EsportesUSA_ 4m

Tiago Splitter testará o mercado. Blazers, Jazz e Hawks estão interessados no brasileiro #NBA

American Sports @ EsportesUSA_ 4m

Tiago Splitter test the market. Blazers, Jazz and Hawks are interested in Brazilian # NBA

Bill Oram @tribjazz about 18 minutes ago

Utah is targeting veterans leadership in FA, but will likely let veterans walk

The Jazz sure love their veterans. I guess some things never change. :sigh:

Just a bit slow, unfortunately. It's not that he doesn't pay defense. It's that he can't play defense.

Mostly against iso players (who are the vast minority). His team defense is very good, he fights hard through screens and in transition as well. If I have to choose between a Ronnie Brewer who plays with 0 guts and gambles excessively but has all the tools vs. a guy that has pedestrian tools but gets what he can out of them and fights, I choose the latter most times.

Regarding Foye, if he was limited to 18 mpg and never started, I think he's a perfect bench player, but with Corbin as our HC, this is unlikely, so no thanks.