What's new

Jazz FA rumors

I've changed my mind. Don't want to offer any significant contract to a player who's got significant injury issues or recovering from one.

Remember the Gilbert Arenas' deal that puts the Wizards back half a decade? They're still struggling to rebuild now.

Nobody said give Bynum the max

posted from my htc one using tapaBONGO

Would it be possible to give him a guaranteed amount of money and then a bonus if he stays uninjured?

Well, if we can get him for cheap, why not???

He has to be healthy, and the price has to be right though.

Bynum is refusing to work out for teams, but his agent is sending interested parties his MRI's. This is a guy who reinjured himself BOWLING. Given the debacle of Carlos Boozer, I'm surprised ANYONE on this board could possibly - even remotely - consider Bynum a viable solution. Seven years in the league. Only ONE time has he played 82 games. His rookie year he played in 46 games, but he could very well have had some DNP-CD's. Since then, he's played in 82, 35, 50, 65. 54, 60 and 0. Boozer was an ironman compared to Bynum.

Bynum is refusing to work out for teams, but his agent is sending interested parties his MRI's. This is a guy who reinjured himself BOWLING. Given the debacle of Carlos Boozer, I'm surprised ANYONE on this board could possibly - even remotely - consider Bynum a viable solution. Seven years in the league. Only ONE time has he played 82 games. His rookie year he played in 46 games, but he could very well have had some DNP-CD's. Since then, he's played in 82, 35, 50, 65. 54, 60 and 0. Boozer was an ironman compared to Bynum.

Did you see this?

I've changed my mind. Don't want to offer any significant contract to a player who's got significant injury issues or recovering from one.

Remember the Gilbert Arenas' deal that puts the Wizards back half a decade? They're still struggling to rebuild now.

It's so weird seeing Utah being mentioned so much this offseason. Not used to people remembering the Jazz exist.

LOL.. Do you think Peter Vescey reads our forum? He's calling GSW the GST (Golden STate Tankers)

Peter Vecsey ‏@PeterVecsey1 29m
A Iguodala met yesterday w hot-2-trot GST, who earlier made move on D Howard. Intriguing since it'll probably get outbid by someone 4 J Jack

Thanks for the neg rep, Stickler. Excuse me for wanting ONE serious thread on a board named JAZZFANZ where we ONLY talk about JAZZ-related rumors. I could care less what the Bobcats, Pelicans or Wizards do, unless it perhaps involves a guy like Jefferson or Mo signing with them. In that case it IS related to the Jazz since many of us fear those guys may re-sign with Utah. What I do want to know is who Lindsey and KOC are calling to fill out the roster.

Yeah, crying and whining about rep brings so much to the conversation. Be the change you want to see, bro.

Ignoring all the BS in this thread and back to the topic:

The Mavericks also are heavily involved in the running for Utah free agent Mo Williams. They have been interested in Williams before and, again, he would represent a nice Plan B if Howard doesn’t agree to become a Maverick. Dallas Morning News

Carroll, an unrestricted free agent, made it clear at the end of the Jazz season that he wants to return to Utah, where he played for the past year and a half. "He would love to come back," Bartelstein said of the 26-year-old, who has played for four different teams in his four-year career. "He had a heck of a season — a unique player, brings unique things to the game - Deseret News

The Jazz's other draft-night acquisition, point guard Raul Neto, is a "big if" to participate in summer league, O'Connor said. It's possible Neto could play in Spain for another year or two before trying to earn a spot on the Jazz roster - Deseret News

Ignoring all the BS in this thread and back to the topic:

The Mavericks also are heavily involved in the running for Utah free agent Mo Williams. They have been interested in Williams before and, again, he would represent a nice Plan B if Howard doesn’t agree to become a Maverick. Dallas Morning News

Carroll, an unrestricted free agent, made it clear at the end of the Jazz season that he wants to return to Utah, where he played for the past year and a half. "He would love to come back," Bartelstein said of the 26-year-old, who has played for four different teams in his four-year career. "He had a heck of a season — a unique player, brings unique things to the game - Deseret News

The Jazz's other draft-night acquisition, point guard Raul Neto, is a "big if" to participate in summer league, O'Connor said. It's possible Neto could play in Spain for another year or two before trying to earn a spot on the Jazz roster - Deseret News

Way to bring it back Stoked.

Lol does anyone want our free agents? Other than Jefferson who else has really been courted? Not a long line for Jefferson either. Love to hear more rumors rega ding our trash but they seem to be 5th options.

I think that I know why the Jazz would consider signing Bynum. Pretty much all of the analysts are saying that teams would only sign him to a one year contract to prove himself anyway. So, the Jazz sign him to a one year contract, let him drastically improve his stock, and then flip him at the trade deadline for a top-10 2014 draft pick (or something else of value). I'm definitely in favor of the youth movement, but am not totally against signing Bynum for half a season for this purpose.

JA Adande just said the Jazz along with some other teams like: Cleveland, Heat, Spurs and Hawks could be teams that are interested in Bynum? I think it was more of an opinion, but what would you say? Favors and Bynum wouldn't compliment each other what so ever

More proof that media speculation is b.s. Jazz have zero interest in Bynum. Jack *** Adande clearly knows nothing about the Jazz

The Jazz are very, very interested in resigning Millsap.

I think they will offer him around 36-40 M. / 4 year while he might demand around 44-48 M. / 4 year.

I only want him back for maximum 30 M. / 4 year and even then I have a hard time seing him as a starter.