What's new

Jazz fan forever?

With no significant changes to the team by next season...

• I'm a Jazz fan no matter what.

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • I'll give up my season tickets

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I'll go to fewer games

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I'm defecting to a different team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've quit watching NBA games

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Changes? I'm happy with the team as is.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • No worries - just need Horny and the Mailman as Assts.

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters

Stifle Tower

Punch Bowl Re-Filler
So will all of you live and die with the Jazz, or have the events of the last year caused any of you to begin to waver. And I'm not just talking about Sloan's resignation.

For me it started with the salary dump of Harpring and throwing in Maynor when we really needed a solid backup PG. Then getting rid of Brewer, who we could have used for playoff depth, knowing full well AK has had a history of ankle/back injuries.

On to the off-season. Now I don't think the Jazz should have re-signed Boozer. And I applaud getting Big Al, even though his play has been disappointing. But to only get Bell coming off an injury as a wing replacement. The questionable pick of Hayward - a definite project. Elson...really?

So, if the Jazz make no siginificant personnel moves over the next year, will any of you start to watch other teams more and the Jazz less? Will you give up season tickets or attend fewer games? Perhaps not renew League Pass?

Dang. Here I created the poll and forgot to put in the option I'd pick. I've been a Utah fan since I was a boy (going way back to the Utah Stars) and will always care about the Jazz. But I'm frustrated with the direction the team has taken under Greg. Jazz had a ton of assets going into last season and have squandered almost all of them (expirings of Boozer and Harpring, Maynor, NY first rounder, brilliant find of Wes Matthews). We're down to the expiring contract of AK. All the Jazz managed to do was basically replace Boozer's numbers with Jefferson's, get a project in Gordon Hayward and decimate their bench.

Not that it makes a dent in Miller's wallet - I wish I could send a letter saying I was forgoing tickets. But unless management invests in the team and makes changes, I probably won't renew my LP subscription and won't spend any cash on Jazz merchandise. As a Jazz fan outside of Utah, I'm more encouraged right now about the direction the Clippers are headed, despite their loss to the Cavs. How bad is that?!!!

I may not renew season tickets, but that has more to do with being busy and broke than not enjoying the games. I can't really cheer for other teams. Jazz fan 4 lief.

I may not renew season tickets, but that has more to do with being busy and broke than not enjoying the games. I can't really cheer for other teams. Jazz fan 4 lief.

LeifGarrett.jpg

other:
This team has done things no other Jazz team I can remember has. (at the first of the season) Win on the road, come back, not give up etc.

I would give them until the trade deadline next year to pass judgment. They been through a lot together this season, they were making slow and steady progress before the bulls game imo. Am I crazy to think its gonna take a little while to pick up the pieces?

Not fair weather. I've cheered for the Stars and the Jazz through good and bad. I followed the team closely during 2003-04, watching as many games as I could. They were the team that wasn't supposed to, and still did. Sloan was easily COY that season. The Jazz were a real TEAM. On paper, the talent level wasn't even close to what the Jazz have this season. The difference is that Hapring, AK, Bell and the rest had something to prove. They actually gave a #$%@. Last night all I saw was guys chucking up horrible shots in the 2nd half. Deron would get beat by Nash, then try to get revenge the next play and miss badly. CJ kept chucking airballs, Jefferson was throwing up off-balance and out-of-range bricks.

The Jazz CANNOT compete on the same level with more athletic teams. It's always been the "system;" the screens and back door cuts that allowed Utah to win games. That's gone from this Jazz team. And it makes me sad that what was special has disappeared - something different from the NBAnd-1 league that, as CJ has noted, become unwatchable.

Utah Jazz fan for life - through the good and the bad.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't watch as many games faithfully or attend nearly as many games as I used to. Got busy with life, and just my overall interest in the NBA has very slowly, but gradually, diminished. I still watch/listen to maybe 85% of the games, like to follow the team, and love watching the team play well.

I will also be the first to admit that I think my interest will spike as Corbin gets settled in, primarily because I'm curious of how the team is going to respond and evolve.

But I won't ever stop being a Jazz fan. I'm just not the season-ticket-holder, put-life-on-hold kind of fan I used to be.

I'll always remain a Jazz fan. With that said, I think my heart isn't in it as much as it was just a week ago. I'm sure it will return - but right now, I'm more passive toward the organization than I've ever been.

I will always be a Jazz fan as long as they continue to strive to play the game the way it was meant to be played, as a team. Once that leaves, so will I. I just don't see it happening any time soon so yes I will continue to be a die hard Jazz fan.

I do find it a bit ironic that a lot of the people on this board (not necessarily this thread specifically) who just a week ago were calling for Jerry's head are freaking out now that he's gone. I guess that is what they mean by be careful what you wish for.

I'll always remain a Jazz fan. With that said, I think my heart isn't in it as much as it was just a week ago. I'm sure it will return - but right now, I'm more passive toward the organization than I've ever been.

I'll agree with you there man.
Some of the fondest memories I can ever remember has been with watching and developing my game like/within the Jazz offense.
And I watched the first game without Sloan, and it just did not seem the same.....
I'll have to say, I don't feel the competetivness anymore.

I will always be a Jazz fan as long as they continue to strive to play the game the way it was meant to be played, as a team. Once that leaves, so will I.

I pretty much feel the same way. Although I'd probaby stop watching pro basketball completely.

At the risk of sounding like Carolina Jazz, about 75% of the NBA is unwatchable on a regular basis. I've had NBA League Pass since 1999 and I find myself watching fewer non-Jazz games each year.

Yes. Because simply, it is impossible for me to imagine not being a Jazz fan. I've been a Jazz fan since I was old enough to know how to root for a team. I only watched playoff games for a few of my teenage years, but other than that I have had an unhealthy life long passion for the Jazz.

The only way I can see myself growing distant from the Jazz is if they stop operating and/or playing with passion, loyalty, honor, and professionalism. In other words, hopefully Greg doesn't turn the franchise to ****.