What's new

Jazz fan forever?

With no significant changes to the team by next season...

• I'm a Jazz fan no matter what.

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • I'll give up my season tickets

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I'll go to fewer games

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I'm defecting to a different team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've quit watching NBA games

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Changes? I'm happy with the team as is.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • No worries - just need Horny and the Mailman as Assts.

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters
It is possible to be a lifelong Jazz fan and still be disappointed in the direction the team is heading. I will probably not put forth as much effort to watch the games as I have in seasons past. I will more likely follow them in the media more though. But they will always be the team I root for in the NBA. No question.

I'll always remain a Jazz fan. With that said, I think my heart isn't in it as much as it was just a week ago. I'm sure it will return - but right now, I'm more passive toward the organization than I've ever been.

This is where I'm at with it.

I do find it a bit ironic that a lot of the people on this board (not necessarily this thread specifically) who just a week ago were calling for Jerry's head are freaking out now that he's gone. I guess that is what they mean by be careful what you wish for.
Good point.
On a positive note, though, Corbin was still around when Jerry decided to retire. I think Ty's shot at a head coaching job was going to come within the next couple of years. Maybe a good thing Sloan stepped aside when he did (just as Layden did 23 years ago) to give the job to a promising young coach. And I doubt Greg really wanted Phil to take over. Class act by Johnson to step aside and show his loyalty and friendship to Jerry.

Yep, a lot of folks have been wanting a change. Personally, I feel Corbin - no matter how well he coaches or how hard he works - cannot possibly succeed with this group. There are just too many holes. No major changes and the team will be .500 at best next season.

I do find it a bit ironic that a lot of the people on this board (not necessarily this thread specifically) who just a week ago were calling for Jerry's head are freaking out now that he's gone. I guess that is what they mean by be careful what you wish for.

Can you be more specific? Like whom?

Jazz for life. Though I might be disappointed in the way things have gone this year and sad about Sloan leaving the Jazz are my team and well always be my team. I well root for them though all the good and bad.

I remain a Jazz fan against my better judgment. If it were possible to be a Jazz fan and punish Stern and the rest of the NBA for being a crooked league with a crooked league boss, I would do it. Alas, going to games and watching on TV more or less supports the whole enchilada whether I like it or not, so I remain mixed. I can tell you that for the first time in a long time, I can let game nights slip by me with little interest on my part. I used to watch all 82 games religiously, and the few games which were not televised felt like having my teeth pulled. Now? Eh. With Jerry gone and the team being so mental and lackluster on defense, I am just not sure I want to invest my time in watching any of that. Kick off the crybabies and bring back the defense and the hustle, and it'll get more interesting.

Corbin had shots at head coaching jobs in the past. Any chance he knew this was coming soon so stuck around for it? Hmmm.

Just thinking Sloan may have quit mid season to let Corbin step in.
If he quits after season ends some other team may hire Corbin and Jazz have no one on staff to give job.
Sloan may have be doing a big favor for Corbin and Jazz to step down now.