Jerry Sloan

David Stern

Boozer

Hayward

People who should be blamed for season:
Raja Smell

AK

KOC

This is in reaction to my Corbin thread? Really?

Corbin = fail.

He threw All under the bus.

People being unjustly blamed for season:

Ty Corbin - inexperience

Greg Miller - cheap

Al Jefferson - N/A

Deron Williams - non-committal

Jerry Sloan - N/A

David Stern - N/A

Boozer - N/A

Hayward - N/A

People who should be blamed for season:

Raja Smell - You get what you paid for (See Greg Miller Above)

AK - N/A

KOC - His hands are tied (See Greg Miller Above)

My answers above...

Don't really see how Miller is cheap we are over the luxury tax and he didn't need to go out and get Jefferson. KOC signed the wrong players Al didn't fit the system Bell is not the player he once was.

Don't really see how Miller is cheap we are over the luxury tax and he didn't need to go out and get Jefferson. KOC signed the wrong players Al didn't fit the system Bell is not the player he once was.

Come on. They are totally cheap for not wanting to pay Matthews 11M ish (salary & luxury tax)!

1) Millers spending more than enough in a small market. Ridiculous to say otherwise
2)The Jazz FO blew it by not backing Jerry and Phil. Be nice to have them right now.
3)Ty will struggle as most rookie head coaches do. We should not have offered him the permanent gig.
4)Deron reacted to LeBron's decision the same way most superstars are. Very bad for the league
5) The Jazz got surprised by the Blazers offer to Wes. That created the entire problem at the wing. Otherwise, we have either Wes or Korver, not Raja. Given what was left on the market, probably the right call though I have never been a Raja fan.

If we had signed Mathews we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now... but that's another topic all together..

KOC only traded for Al because cry-baby-Deron wanted him after Boozer left.. (only because no big name FA wanted to come here)

1) Millers spending more than enough in a small market. Ridiculous to say otherwise
2)The Jazz FO blew it by not backing Jerry and Phil. Be nice to have them right now.
3)Ty will struggle as most rookie head coaches do. We should not have offered him the permanent gig.
4)Deron reacted to LeBron's decision the same way most superstars are. Very bad for the league
5) The Jazz got surprised by the Blazers offer to Wes. That created the entire problem at the wing. Otherwise, we have either Wes or Korver, not Raja. Given what was left on the market, probably the right call though I have never been a Raja fan.

I still think they should have locked him up and trade him if required, the way he's playing for Portland he's worth every $

I'm sorry to say this, but everyone who says the Millers are cheap are absolute idiots. This season has not worked out well for us at all. I understand many of you are frustrated, as it has been the most bizarre season in Utah Jazz history, but the Jazz have the 5TH!!!!!! highest payroll in the entire NBA! Cheap?!? You've got to be kidding me. Lineup changes, coaching changes, personell changes, and injuries, all happening mid-season, is why the Jazz are struggling, not because they don't spend.

And can we please, PLEASE let the Wes Matthews thing go? I know he would help our team, but all you Jazz haters are acting like he's the best player in the NBA! And even if he were, that doesn't change the fact that the Jazz couldn't afford to re-sign him because they have been spending!!!! (again, not cheap). I love Wes Matthews, but stop acting like he's a top ten player in this league when whining like babies that we had one bad season.

I'm sorry to say this, but everyone who says the Millers are cheap are absolute idiots. This season has not worked out well for us at all. I understand many of you are frustrated, as it has been the most bizarre season in Utah Jazz history, but the Jazz have the 5TH!!!!!! highest payroll in the entire NBA! Cheap?!? You've got to be kidding me. Lineup changes, coaching changes, personell changes, and injuries, all happening mid-season, is why the Jazz are struggling, not because they don't spend.

And can we please, PLEASE let the Wes Matthews thing go? I know he would help our team, but all you Jazz haters are acting like he's the best player in the NBA! And even if he were, that doesn't change the fact that the Jazz couldn't afford to re-sign him because they have been spending!!!! (again, not cheap). I love Wes Matthews, but stop acting like he's a top ten player in this league when whining like babies that we had one bad season.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

In relation to the cheap comment, AK's contract has been locked up years ago.. it is what it is. Yes we had to be the 5th highest spender because he didn't turn out the way we wanted him to. We have to keep spending for the future.

That brings me to the Wes Mathews signing - he was an unrestricted FA, meaning we can match. Having him would be an asset in this league - imagine what we could do if we have Wes Mathews' contract now? We could easily package him up for one of the top picks, players. It doesn't matter whether he's the top 10 player or not, he is an asset we do not have now.

It's Bear's fault. He didn't even bring out his ladder last night. I put this loss on him.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

In relation to the cheap comment, AK's contract has been locked up years ago.. it is what it is. Yes we had to be the 5th highest spender because he didn't turn out the way we wanted him to. We have to keep spending for the future.

That brings me to the Wes Mathews signing - he was an unrestricted FA, meaning we can match. Having him would be an asset in this league - imagine what we could do if we have Wes Mathews' contract now? We could easily package him up for one of the top picks, players. It doesn't matter whether he's the top 10 player or not, he is an asset we do not have now.

Please come back after finishing your high school accounting requirement coming up next year.

I'm also glad to know "we have to keep spending" includes you. We're tiring of throwing stones at poor Greggy boy around here.

Please come back after finishing your high school accounting requirement coming up next year.

I'm also glad to know "we have to keep spending" includes you. We're tiring of throwing stones at poor Greggy boy around here.

I'm not tired of it, he's been at the helm for 2 years and we've hit depths we've never even knew existed..

Time will tell of course with the rebuilding under way, I sure hope you're right and I'm wrong..

That brings me to the Wes Mathews signing - he was an unrestricted FA, meaning we can match.

Since when can you match an unrestricted FA? I'm guessing you meant restricted. And KOC said it came right down to being able to pay Al Jefferson, or keep Wesley Matthews. I'd take Jefferson. Again, the Jazz going out and acquiring a $13 million a year guy. What cheap skates.

People posting that we wouldn't be going through all of this turmoil this season if we had Wes is complete nonsense. We lost our HOF head coach, our should be HOF assistant coach, and our cry baby superstar, all MID-SEASON. If only a second year player would have been around, he certainly could have saved us from all of that...

I can't respond to the rest of your comment, because like Franklin, I'm not really sure I understand your accounting behind half of your ideas. Maybe you're right, we probably just don't know what we're talking about...

You tell 'em, bro. Besides the Millers are super-duper rich, and as long as it's their money and not mine, I say we spend like hell until we have maxed out players at every position. 5th highest payroll in the league? Psssh. That's nothin. If the Millers are so damn great, how come we ain't got the #1 highest payroll? I say we start lookin' for some new owners, otherwise we're always gonna be just another LA Clippers.

1) Millers spending more than enough in a small market. Ridiculous to say otherwise I think they spent enough the problem is they spent unwisely i.e. Max to AK, extendeding Okur
2)The Jazz FO blew it by not backing Jerry and Phil. Be nice to have them right now.Jerry was done. He was tired of all the BS that comes from coaching in the NBA. Besides the Jazz were losing when Jazz was here. Phil left because he is loyal to Jerry.
3)Ty will struggle as most rookie head coaches do. We should not have offered him the permanent gig. Geez the guy is handed a horrible situation and you are already to throw him under the bus. Actually who would have done any better with this mess and all the injuries. Give Ty a few years before you say it was a bad hire.
4)Deron reacted to LeBron's decision the same way most superstars are. Very bad for the league Your homerism is pretty evident with this comment. Deron was on record he wasn't going to act like Lebron when it came time to be a FA. If anyone overreact it was KOC and GM because they didn't want another Melo situation on hand. Time will tell if they did the right thing. I was initially against the trade but if Favors and the picks pan out then it was the right thing to do. The worse part of Lebron's situation is the PR and all the drama but Free Agency allows players to move to another team. It sucks for fans but its great for a player. Time will tell if the move works out but right now the NBA has more pressing issues like the CBA.
I don't know why it was such a big surprise. The Blazers did the exact same thing the year before with Millsap. When a franchise decides to let the market decide the value instead of going to the player and making an offer then they get what the market provides. Personally, I think the front office simply screwed up and mismanaged the finances by extending Okur which made it virtually impossible to re-sign Matthews.

Personally, I think the front office simply screwed up and mismanaged the finances by extending Okur which made it virtually impossible to re-sign Matthews.

yes, they should've passed on extending their all-star center in order to save up money to spend $11 million on that undrafted free agent they were going to pickup later in the summer. definitely a screwup.