What's new

Jazz fans lashing out at people who really don't deserve to be lashed out at

No one is saying Matthews is a top 10 player. However, AK lovers at one time thought AK was a top 10 player in the league. It was their justification for saying AK deserved the MAX. The fact that the Jazz wouldn't trade AK and/or extended Okur resulted in the Jazz losing Matthews. Sorry but the front office either didn't value Matthews as much as Sloan and others did (if this was the case then they certainly misjudged Wes' impact). Personally, I just think it was more likely they painted themselves into a corner because of some of their other previously signed contracts i.e. AK. No one is saying Wes would have saved the season but he certainly would have made a big difference especially considering how poorly Raja has played.

No one is saying Matthews is a top 10 player. However, AK lovers at one time thought AK was a top 10 player in the league. It was their justification for saying AK deserved the MAX. The fact that the Jazz wouldn't trade AK and/or extended Okur resulted in the Jazz losing Matthews. Sorry but the front office either didn't value Matthews as much as Sloan and others did (if this was the case then they certainly misjudged Wes' impact). Personally, I just think it was more likely they painted themselves into a corner because of some of their other previously signed contracts i.e. AK. No one is saying Wes would have saved the season but he certainly would have made a big difference especially considering how poorly Raja has played.

Couldn't phrase it better myself. Ok - pay a bit more luxury tax this year but we'd be in the Playoffs now with this SOLID line up:

DWill
Matthews
Miles
Milsapp
Jefferson

No one is saying Wes would have saved the season but he certainly would have made a big difference especially considering how poorly Raja has played."

"If we had signed Mathews we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now... but that's another topic all together"

Yes, actually, people are saying that. Scorpjazz is right, that statement is pathetic. Deron Williams turned into a prima donna more and more every single day, Sloan didn't want to try to coach him anymore, and then KOC (understandably so) wanted Deron gone. Wesley Matthews doesn't change any of that. He was a good young player that I would love to have back, but let's not over-celebrate someone as if Wes was the glue holding this team together. That, my friends, was Jerry Sloan.

Signing Bell wasn't the big mistake it was signing him to a 3 year deal that is back breaking. KOC should be fired for the Bell, Memo, and AK contracts.