What's new

Jazz Free Agency Summer of 2018

@Jack Strop

I refuse to believe free agents won't come here. They could. Anything is possible.

But when you spend the first 24 hours going after an 8 year injury history pro who doesn't fit our starting lineup instead of maybe meeting with Aaron Gordon or Jabari Parker or Mario Hezonja or somebody else, you know we play it safe. No ambition.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I can understand the lack of interest in Hezonja given he has done jack ****. Reports are that Jazz have talked to Parker. Aaron Gordon was gonna get matched no matter what. Waaaaaay to risky to target.

We still didn't make roster moves that made a deal like that impossible. Do you think Lindsey may have made that conversation.

DL: Hey Aaron, we can give you $24M. What do you think? Say yes and we make the roster moves to do it.
AG: Nah, I like it in Orlando. I'm negotiating a deal right now.

LoPo, you are just hilarious right now. I can assure you Lindsey IS being aggressive. But he's not going to start waiving players before he has a commitment. It takes TWO to make a deal. FA's just don't want to come to Utah. That's nothing new.

Forget the point that even if he WANTED to come here Orlando could (and would) match.

If we dumped Burks, Thabo, Favors, Neto and Jerekbo for a shot at Gordon or Jabari, so be it. You guys act like these guys are foundational pieces.

No. Annoyed by our lack of ambition. I have been telling you guys for months that this was the summer to either go after the best restricteds or get a big asset taking a contract with space. Next summer will suck because everybody will have space and 2016 will happen again.

And we will keep Rubio. Yay....

If we dumped Burks, Thabo, Favors, Neto and Jerekbo for a shot at Gordon or Jabari, so be it. You guys act like these guys are foundational pieces.

You wanted to dump 1/3 of the roster for a CHANCE at getting Jabari Parker or Gordon? No thanks—lets use the expirings at the trade deadline and FOR SURE get something.

I can understand the frustration, but you don’t bust up what was arguably the third or fourth best team in the NBA at the end of the season for a chance at something.

Seems like DL may be up to something since Thabo hasn’t been guaranteed yet and we’ve heard nothing of the meeting with Derrick.

I hear ya, it's tough to see the great players go elsewhere. PG13 would have been friggin awesome. But keep in mind how damn good we were last year. We could have played Houston tough with Ricky and Thabo. And we'll be better this year as our young talent matures. But I hear ya.

No. Annoyed by our lack of ambition. I have been telling you guys for months that this was the summer to either go after the best restricteds or get a big asset taking a contract with space. Next summer will suck because everybody will have space and 2016 will happen again.

And we will keep Rubio. Yay....

Rubio is awesome.

You’re doing the thing where you get so angry and start to just say dumb stuff, and decent points being made like guaranteeing all our contracts and giving Favors a bunch of money being potential mistakes get buried. Just take a break.

Yes, I'm pissed. Disappointed in the off-season. Disappointed in LBJ. Disappointed in the NBA in general. Freaking **** show.

I'm sorry. See y'all tomorrow.