What's new

Jazz Front Court Should Rank Supreme Next Season.

Will the Jazz have the best front court in the league next season?

• Yes

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Too early to really tell...

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
After watching saturdays win against the lakers, I really think we can make some noise in the post season due to our front court depth. if we can just get some more help from our wing players as well as better play from Harris, i don't see why we can't be solid. Harris just does not seem to fit though. i almost want to see what would happen if we began playing Tinsley and Watson over Harris or perhaps only play harris one quarter and then give tinsley some time in the 3rd. either way, our front court should be the best in the league next season! I don't see why is can't be the best come next season.

i love the fact that we can finally say our front court is better than the lakers front court. that is the thing that killed us in the Okur/Boozer days. Millsap+Favors+Jefferson+Kanter> Bynum+Gasol+Mcroberts... Music to my ears!!!

Of course, this is barring that all other NBA teams remain in large part as they are presently constituted, (or in other words, we are voting as if Dwight Howard isn't playing alongside blake griffin or kevin Love Next year... something of that nature)

Does anyone think that we bring back all 4 of our frontcourt guys? I have to think that someone will be moved. Favors/Kanter will need more than 15-20 min a night. I'm not sure what I'd want to happen, but both Paul and Al will have expiring contracts next year.

All things considered, I would love it if we traded Al or Paul (preferably Al) for Ray Allen before the trade deadline. Best case scenario we sign him to an extension and free up time for Favors/Kanter and worst case, we have a good chunk of money go off the books after this year.

I tried a trade that worked https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7skomng

Than we could maybe keep Nash one more year and draft a pg even with a second round pick like the one at Weber St. Damian Lillard and let Nash and Watson mentor him.

Does anyone think that we bring back all 4 of our frontcourt guys? I have to think that someone will be moved. Favors/Kanter will need more than 15-20 min a night. I'm not sure what I'd want to happen, but both Paul and Al will have expiring contracts next year.

All things considered, I would love it if we traded Al or Paul (preferably Al) for Ray Allen before the trade deadline. Best case scenario we sign him to an extension and free up time for Favors/Kanter and worst case, we have a good chunk of money go off the books after this year.

Why the **** would we trade young players who haven't yet hit their ceiling for aging, one-dimensional players?

Outside shooting is available to the Jazz for a much cheaper price.

Why the **** would we trade young players who haven't yet hit their ceiling for aging, one-dimensional players?

Having the greatest shooter of all-time for possibly the next 3 years is something I would give up Millsap for (and I'd definitely give up Al for him).

The only way this works in our favor is to include Rondo somehow. Maybe AJ + Harris for Allen + Rondo. Utah buys out Allen and he re signs with the C's. IIRC Cleveland did something very much like this when they acquired Jamison.

Why would we trade young players for aging, one-dimensional players?

....well, I certainly agree we don't want to trade for aging, one-dimensional players.....but exactly where did you say we could get this excellent outside shooting from again????

Too early to tell. You mentioned no trades etc. taken into account; so it all depends on how healthy our experienced bigs will be and whether Kanter and Favors will develop into players whose dominance over other frontcourts -along with BigAl and Paul- cannot be denied by national media.

It was a fact that the Jazz frontcourt of Booz-Memo-Paul-AK47 was offensively the most dominant group in the league but nobody except our divisional opponents talked about that. So, do not be very confident because even though the Jazz will be great at PF/C positions, they might not get the credit for it.

Don't be dumb we are a pg away right now. Gordon is going to continue to be mediocre. Why not get an MVP to help our team now and if we can hold on to him train or next pg. Don't overrate Hayward look Clippers got rid of Gordon and they are doing great with a stud pg. We have the bigs why give one of them up.

Reactions: MVP
Don't be dumb we are a pg away right now. Gordon is going to continue to be mediocre. Why not get an MVP to help our team now and if we can hold on to him train or next pg. Don't overrate Hayward look Clippers got rid of Gordon and they are doing great with a stud pg. We have the bigs why give one of them up.

Telling me not to be dumb while in the same breath comparing the Clippers trade for Paul to our current situation? Yeah, okay champ. We're a "pg away" from what exactly? A title? The playoffs? The lottery? How many teams that aren't the Magic Johnson-era Lakers have won a title with their best player being a point guard? As far as I'm concerned, Millsap, Hayward, Favors and the rookies should be off the table unless there's a real chance we're trading for an all-star caliber player.

Having the greatest shooter of all-time for possibly the next 3 years is something I would give up Millsap for (and I'd definitely give up Al for him).

You're assuming that Ray Allen would want to come here at all, let alone stay here. You're assuming he won't just hang it up after this season. Big Al maybe, but I sure as **** wouldn't be willing to give up Millsap for him.

....well, I certainly agree we don't want to trade for aging, one-dimensional players.....but exactly where did you say we could get this excellent outside shooting from again????

One-dimensional 3-point shooters aren't THAT rare. And we could've kept Kover and Matthews had we opened the coffers. Another reason to hate AK's contract.

And with Steve Nash, he is probably my favorite non-Jazz player ever and I'm totally on board with the IDEA of him in a Jazz uniform. But trading a 2nd year player like Hayward or one our bigs for him is robbery. Harris for Nash makes more sense.

The only way this works in our favor is to include Rondo somehow. Maybe AJ + Harris for Allen + Rondo. Utah buys out Allen and he re signs with the C's. IIRC Cleveland did something very much like this when they acquired Jamison.

The new CBA prohibits this from happening. Allen wouldn't be able to re-sign with Boston until July.

• 2011 CBA: If a player is traded and subsequently waived by his new team, he cannot re-sign with his original team for one year following the trade or until July 1 after the last season of the player's contract, whichever is earlier.

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one

why not trade our draft pick over a proven younger vet?

The Celts are in rebuild mode....

NOTHING the Jazz have on there current roster will ever rank supreme in ANY basketball category. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.