What's new

Jazz front runner for Conley

I am now at the point that our current offer for Conley is our offer. I'm willing to pay that to get him. I wouldn't add anything more though. With all of the craziness going on, I now think we could get someone in free agency or another trade that will make us better. I like Conley, but not "future first" love him.
I think it depends. If we think Conley is our guy, then so be it. However, if assumption is true that Exum was a sticking point, we’ll that looks really bad in hindsight. If we didn’t end up ponying up more, it’s possible people look back thinking we should have, in hindsight, when instead we end up with Love. These are the kinds of things that I say the pathway of least resistance leads to Love. We’ll test that hypothesis.

Right now Stein is reporting that we're offering two firsts for him. I agree that's too much and I'd rather go after guys in free agency

I forget who it was, maybe Locke or Tony Jones, but a few days ago they said that they think it would be pick 23 and a future protected first that probably turns into 2 2nds.

Conley is as good as Chris Paul was when he joined the Rockets. He should give us two competitive years, take a load off of Mitchell, and put more space on the floor.

We still need an athletic, 2-way forward who can shoot though, not sure where that's going to come from.

Conley is as good as Chris Paul was when he joined the Rockets. He should give us two competitive years, take a load off of Mitchell, and put more space on the floor.

We still need an athletic, 2-way forward who can shoot though, not sure where that's going to come from.
I know he doesn’t check a few of the boxes you mentioned, but I’d just sign Jabari. For all this talk about developmental staff, time to put it to the test.

If the Jazz had any confidence at all about landing a player as good as or better than Conley in free agency do you really think they'd be offering two first's for him?

If the Jazz were actually offering two firsts for him, the deal would be done. I suspect "two firsts" is last year's first (Allen) and the #23. I have no desire for the 2021 to be a part of the trade (that is the pick we would have to give.) That would lock up our being able to trade a pick to polish off the roster for three years. I care less about the pick than our ability to use it as a facilitator to get other stuff done.

False, you can overpay in a trade also.
That is what I'm saying. Being from Utah should not mean we have to over bid on our trades. Sometimes we over pay FA. A trade is between two teams players are already under contract. DL always gives away the farm. We lose in most trades involving players. We over pay. He does fine when it comes to buying picks like Rudy and Mitchells. Just overpays to get the likes of Korver, Crowder, moving Kanter. We get back less then we send out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

Still an opinion. I think its about 50/50. I think most people have given up on him due to injuries not because he is a bad player. Non of his injuries concern me long term. I think he has had bad luck and his body awareness is still low. He looks awkward just like Gobert did at that age. They have a lot in common.

How do you explain his hesitancy on offense? He looks lost out there and many times confused. He has a next to nothing jump shot. He blows layups like harpring.

I think you are in denial.

If the Jazz had any confidence at all about landing a player as good as or better than Conley in free agency do you really think they'd be offering two first's for him?
Maybe.
Even if they have some confidence about free agency Conley would still be the sure thing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

no he isnt

How do you explain his hesitancy on offense? He looks lost out there and many times confused. He has a next to nothing jump shot. He blows layups like harpring.

I think you are in denial.
Young and inexperienced. He also didn't look like that this last year before the injury. He hasn't looked lost for awhile.