What's new

Jazz & Lakers rivalry is back! Who ends up on top?

who will have more wins, Jazz or Lakers?

• Total voters
no way the Spurs win 54 imho

I don't see how so many people are still sleeping on SA. This happens every year.

They won 47 without Kawhi. They added Derozan, Poeltl, Belinelli, Cunningham, and Walker to that group. They are going to have improved three point shooting and they are still going to be good on defense because it's still a coach Pop team. And Derozan and Aldridge will provide the necessary offensive production. They're going to be improved from last year. I hate the Spurs with a passion and I would gladly watch their demise, but I don't see it happening next year.

I don't see how so many people are still sleeping on SA. This happens every year.

They won 47 without Kawhi. They added Derozan, Poeltl, Belinelli, Cunningham, and Walker to that group. They are going to have improved three point shooting and they are still going to be good on defense because it's still a coach Pop team. And Derozan and Aldridge will provide the necessary offensive production. They're going to be improved from last year. I hate the Spurs with a passion and I would gladly watch their demise, but I don't see it happening next year.
Spurs win 39 games. Book it!

Not when the Lakers get horribly swept.

Utah or not, the Lakers aren’t making the WCF. They could eventually be a good team, but the free agent moves they made were ****ing awful. They don’t have the luxury of losing a bunch of games early in the season to figure out their chemistry like the Cavs/Heat did. This having-other-guys-make-plays-and-turning-the-best-player-of-his-generation and-one-of-the-greatest-ever into a secondary ball handler at the expense of spacing/shooting is just so stupid, and LeBron will figure that out really quickly. Once he does that, he won’t have the spacing/shooters he’s normally had. That’s not even mentioning how that organization is a circus.

They’ll probably make the playoffs, but if there’s a year that LeBron freaks the **** out/implodes, it’s this upcoming season.
You have a lot to learn about conspiracy theories.

They’ve had Parker, Manu, Kawhi, and Duncan in most of those recent years.

They are sailing uncharted waters now.

They’ve had Parker, Manu, Kawhi, and Duncan in most of those recent years.

They are sailing uncharted waters now.

Duncan left. They kept winning. Parker has basically been done for a while now. They kept winning. Manu has been declining. They kept winning. Kawhi didn't play last year. They kept winning. They still have Pop and the same culture in place. And they still have talent. No reason to think they'll drop off imo.

LeBron can’t possibly be expecting to be serious about winning this year with the array of clowns he’s allowe then to surround him with. I think he’s using this as a gap year of sorts .. maybe one last MVP type statistical year to endear himself to the fans and then he’ll think about winning once he has another star or two with him

1. Warriors 63-19
2. Rockets 61-21
T-3. Spurs 54-28
T-3. Jazz 54-28
5. Thunder 51-31
6. Lakers 50-32
7. Blazers 47-35
8. Pelicans 46-36
------------
T-9. Wolves 45-37
T-9. Nuggets 45-37
T-11. Grizzlies 40-42
T-11. Mavs 40-42
13. Clippers 35-47
14. Suns 28-54
15. Kings 22-60

That's my current unbiased prediction
Ignoring win numbers- Spurs, Lakers, Grizzlies are too high.

Duncan left. They kept winning. Parker has basically been done for a while now. They kept winning. Manu has been declining. They kept winning. Kawhi didn't play last year. They kept winning. They still have Pop and the same culture in place. And they still have talent. No reason to think they'll drop off imo.
Duncan was the culture. They’ll be a good team, but their mortality is in sight. Pop ain’t immortal.

It is going to take the Lakers time to jell with all the new faces. Will the young guys develop or will they stand around and watch Lebron pull out games. I think the Lakers can make the playoff as long as they get off to a good start. With the way the West is now you cannot go on 6 game losing streaks.

Every game will be important. Just look at the Northwest division and how close it was. The West is just gong to be crazy and a few good teams are not going to make the playoffs. Even the bad teams improved so going to Phoenix or Sacramento won't be an automatic win. I cannot wait for the season to start. I am excited to see the competition and see how the Jazz compete.

Not when the Lakers get horribly swept.

Utah or not, the Lakers aren’t making the WCF. They could eventually be a good team, but the free agent moves they made were ****ing awful. They don’t have the luxury of losing a bunch of games early in the season to figure out their chemistry like the Cavs/Heat did. This having-other-guys-make-plays-and-turning-the-best-player-of-his-generation and-one-of-the-greatest-ever into a secondary ball handler at the expense of spacing/shooting is just so stupid, and LeBron will figure that out really quickly. Once he does that, he won’t have the spacing/shooters he’s normally had. That’s not even mentioning how that organization is a circus.

They’ll probably make the playoffs, but if there’s a year that LeBron freaks the **** out/implodes, it’s this upcoming season.

well both Magic and LBJ have way higher bball iq then you do. I think it works out best for him going to play on the blocks. He will be an all star big man

Honestly if the re was a team that probably shouldn't have chased Lebron it was the Lakers.

5 years from now they will have to rebuild again and they won't have much to show for it.