What's new

Jazz looking to trade Burke

Flc

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody 27s27 seconds ago
The Jazz are looking to trade Trey Burke and would likely include him in a draft day deal, according to a source.

Guess there was one too many dick pics.

Called it. I like Trey, but he's a poor fit for this team as it's currently constructed and both sides would benefit from moving in another direction. Has three benefits.

A.) Any trade value that he still has can be applied towards moving up for a new prospect.

B.) It keeps the ball in the hands of better, more efficient players. One of Burks/Hood will likely be the starter at the 2 and the other will fill Trey's role as the 6th man scorer off the bench.

C.) It opens up another $2.6 million this year and $3.8 million next year to use on a player that figures to be a part of the future of this team. Add that to the existing cap space and it makes it easier to lure a better free agent to Utah this summer.

NO GOD PLS NO

Sorry Dala. Once they drafted Exum, I think this was inevitable. Just wish they'd have tried to move Kanter and Burke before last season for someone/something of real value. Probably have to sell low on both.

I understand why the Jazz traded up and drafted him, but picking Burke and letting DeMarre Carroll leave for peanuts are easily the two biggest misses from DL in Utah. Thankfully he's hit on Gobert, Hood and hopefully Exum. Also had the foresight to keep Favors, Hayward and Burks while cutting bait with Kanter.

Burke is mandatory in any deal today - not a bad player by any means, but his shooting as well as lack of upside isn't enough to push this team anywhere (especially when Exum has a ceiling higher than Burke can jump and touch).

Hood is our punch off the bench.

Burke is mandatory in any deal today - not a bad player by any means, but his shooting as well as lack of upside isn't enough to push this team anywhere (especially when Exum has a ceiling higher than Burke can jump and touch).

Hood is our punch off the bench.

Burke is a bad player by all means.

Sorry Dala. Once they drafted Exum, I think this was inevitable. Just wish they'd have tried to move Kanter and Burke before last season for someone/something of real value. Probably have to sell low on both.

I understand why the Jazz traded up and drafted him, but picking Burke and letting DeMarre Carroll leave for peanuts are easily the two biggest misses from DL in Utah. Thankfully he's hit on Gobert, Hood and hopefully Exum. Also had the foresight to keep Favors, Hayward and Burks while cutting bait with Kanter.

OKC traded Jeremy Lamb to Charlotte for Matt Barnes who will be waived. Lamb was the No. 12 pick in the first round of 2012. There is gonna be a lot of movement today and the Jazz can help themselves. If this is true does that mean that Raul plays this year?

OKC traded Jeremy Lamb to Charlotte for Matt Barnes who will be waived. Lamb was the No. 12 pick in the first round of 2012. There is gonna be a lot of movement today and the Jazz can help themselves. If this is true does that mean that Raul plays this year?

that trade actually didn't go thru and Barnes was moved to Memphis for Luke Ridnour this morning.

Sam Smith, NBA.com:

"Watch Utah and Trey Burke. They’re still looking for a distributing point guard. There should be someone there at No. 12, like Cameron Payne. But they could make a move if there isn’t. They believe they are just that position away from making a big move into the playoffs."

There's going to be a lot of movement today. Just have a feeling like teams boards are very different from each other and there's going to be a lot of up and down positioning to get who they really want. Jazz stay at 12, or move up, and they should get a good player to add to the bench.

Sam Smith, NBA.com:

"Watch Utah and Trey Burke. They’re still looking for a distributing point guard. There should be someone there at No. 12, like Cameron Payne. But they could make a move if there isn’t. They believe they are just that position away from making a big move into the playoffs."

CAMERON PAYNE!!!

EducatedClutteredAndeancondor.gif

Sam Smith, NBA.com:

If they do that, you do so under the assumption that Payne contributes immediately and I'm not convinced he's at that point yet.

If they do that, you do so under the assumption that Payne contributes immediately and I'm not convinced he's at that point yet.

Actually think he's one of the few rookies that could contribute immediately. Especially on a team that ought to be pretty good like the Jazz.

The twitter fallout from Burke's agent and his agent's wife would be the best part of any trade. They'll treat twitter like a laundromat and air all their dirty laundry.

CAMERON PAYNE!!!

EducatedClutteredAndeancondor.gif
So you use a highlight of Payne doing exactly what we hate about Burke. Except of course he made the shot. But if they want a distributing PG that roll man was open for a dunk. Maybe the guy sucks and can't make that shot but if a guy comes to Utah I want him passing to Favors or Gobert there not taking an off balance 3pt shot with 2 guys on him.

The twitter fallout from Burke's agent and his agent's wife would be the best part of any trade. They'll treat twitter like a laundromat and air all their dirty laundry.

Good point. Kanter's exit will pale by comparison.

Even the mountains are not safe if this happens.