What's new

Jazz Management... Corbin... Somebody!

This Jazz teams lacks athletic ability, basketball skills, basketball brains, basketball intellect, basketball smarts, basketball savvy....did I miss anything?

The main thing they lack is basketball IQ in the positions where they need it -- that is at the point. While Tinsley has it, he doesn't have the athletic ability to play extended minutes. Foye is a horrible point guard. The only thing he is good at is spot up shooting and I don't how many games we have lost in the fourth quarter because of his porous defense. Marvin is Mr. Inconsistent. He seems to have the ability but he just doesn't have a good nose for the basketball or where to be at the right time. And Mo, well, he also is not a good point guard. He's a scorer and when he's on, he can carry a team, but when he's off, you might as well let Tinsley run the offense.

I still think last year was a mistake in making the playoffs and we're paying for it this season. I think it's time now to think about the future and play the young guys. And for God's sake, give Carroll a chance. I don't understand the hate on this board for him. The guy's a scrapper, which you can't say about too many guys on our team right now.

The coach isn't the main reason why the Jazz suck. The players need to take the responsibility for their lackluster performance. Unfortunately, the Jazz have several nice players but they have few who play hard all the time.

Huh?

Players?

The bench showed up. The starters didn't. Don't paint the "players" in such a broad brush.

Players should have been held responsible. The starters should have been benched. All of them. He should have rolled with his entire bench to start the 2nd half and play most of it. Send a damn message and stop being Jefferson's bitch.

Starting lineup for the 2nd half should have been Burks, whatever, Carroll, Favors, Kanter.

What's the worst that could have happened? They lost? Hell, we're doing that anyway with the starters.

A perfect opportunity to send a message was lost tonight.

When has Ty ever disciplined anyone?

The coach isn't the main reason why the Jazz suck. The players need to take the responsibility for their lackluster performance. Unfortunately, the Jazz have several nice players but they have few who play hard all the time.

This starts and ends with coaching.

If the Lakers could fire a coach after 5 games why can't the Jazz fire a coach who has sucked for 2 1/2 years?

I look at the talent we have... And there's no way we should be losing to the teams that we have lost and are losing to. No way. And it's not like we're getting any better. This team is quickly regressing despite adding more and more talent.

We have absolutely no positive direction right now. It's pretty obvious that Ty isn't the right coach here.

We not only need to free Burks, tell Hayward to STOP shooting (but to attack the rim), trade Jefferson, and play Favors 30+, but we need a coach who can get this offense and defense going. I mean... We really do look like the Adrian Dantley coached Nuggets out there. Or the Cowboys under Wade Phillips. Tons of talent but no leadership, direction, or motivation.

We are going through the motions even at home! There's no way that the Lakers game should have been as close as it was. They had quit on their coach.

The problem is not who's playing, it's the offense we run. Phil Jackson could not win with Ty's offense just by subbing different players into the lineup. Fix the offense, fix the team, and that won't happen unless Ty is gone.

The problem is not who's playing, it's the offense we run. Phil Jackson could not win with Ty's offense just by subbing different players into the lineup. Fix the offense, fix the team, and that won't happen unless Ty is gone.

I agree. The offense sucks.

But the rotations suck too.

As does the effort.

As does the leadership (or lack thereof).

We're talented and probably could rock NBA 2k13. But this team is now 4-6 after playing a pretty damn easy schedule.

Maybe we could talk Phil Jackson into taking his revenge on the Lakers by coaching the Jazz.

Maybe we could talk Phil Jackson into taking his revenge on the Lakers by coaching the Jazz.

Does anyone in the right mind actually think that Phil Jackson would be playing Big Al over Favors? Or DNPs for Burks? Think Phil would have allowed his team to lose to Philly tonight?

If that's the case so be it. My main beef with Ty is that he keeps the starters in even when they are getting their collective asses handed to them. If he tried different lineups but they didn't work, hey, at least he gave it a shot. Especially different lineups that contain young players loaded with potential who were lottery picks 2-3 seasons ago.

Foye, Marvin, Mo, Hayward and so on are good players if they are used and coached properly.

Don't tell me that this Philly players are better than ours.

It's all about coaching and people management. Corbin just sucks, that's why the team and players sucks. But this stuff was said and last season too, so whatever..

it's clear that the jazz have a great 2nd team and it's the key behind their success, but we shouldn't get that much excited. they don't outplay the first team in most of the games. the 2nd team is physically better than the opposition's 2nd unit and they are more paced so when they face a tired unit they can out hustle them. jazz are lucky they got a bench to excite the whole association, but it won't last forever coz it is shaped of 2nd-3rd-4th year guys that will demand the starting line up soon and veterans that won't be there forever.

Just get Nate McMillan, SVG, JVG, or one of the other available coaches, hell get an assistant off of any team in the league, they could not possibly be worse than Corbin.

With the exception of Mike Brown. That guy may just be worse than Corbin.

If the Lakers could fire a coach after 5 games why can't the Jazz fire a coach who has sucked for 2 1/2 years?

I look at the talent we have... And there's no way we should be losing to the teams that we have lost and are losing to. No way. And it's not like we're getting any better. This team is quickly regressing despite adding more and more talent.

We have absolutely no positive direction right now. It's pretty obvious that Ty isn't the right coach here.

We not only need to free Burks, tell Hayward to STOP shooting (but to attack the rim), trade Jefferson, and play Favors 30+, but we need a coach who can get this offense and defense going. I mean... We really do look like the Adrian Dantley coached Nuggets out there. Or the Cowboys under Wade Phillips. Tons of talent but no leadership, direction, or motivation.

We are going through the motions even at home! There's no way that the Lakers game should have been as close as it was. They had quit on their coach.

Two and a half years? What the hell is wrong with you? He's not even been a head coach for a full season and a half. That said, he sucks and needs to hit the ****ing road.

The starters should have been benched. All of them. He should have rolled with his entire bench to start the 2nd half and play most of it.

This must be one of those strategies that is so great that it rarely if ever gets used by any NBA coach after the starters play poorly in the first half.

I'm glad we have so many great TV coaches on JazzFanz.

Bro, it's common ****ing sense. It really is. Sadly, it should never get to that point though. There have been a million times Corbitch should have sat Al just minutes into the game.

You don't try, you sit. Period. Everyone's talented in the league. Effort, intensity and discipline can go a long freakin' way. Look at the Bulls.

Bro, it's common ****ing sense. It really is. Sadly, it should never get to that point though. There have been a million times Corbitch should have sat Al just minutes into the game.

You don't try, you sit. Period. Everyone's talented in the league. Effort, intensity and discipline can go a long freakin' way. Look at the Bulls.

Why do you constantly twig out on Jefferson while ignoring Millsap's lazy *** cuts?