What's new

Jazz management lazy with free agency

bkralj

I've never seen a team's management as lazy as the Jazz. They re-sign Hayward and that's definitely it for the rest of the free agency period..amazing!

Mods get mad about a dude quoting to many posts, but we get 1000 of these threads a day.

#priorities

Well I guess they can't sign anyone since they spent all their money on Hayward. I'm worried about this team being worse than last season now.

Well I guess they can't sign anyone since they spent all their money on Hayward. I'm worried about this team being worse than last season now.

They have 8.5M left. Again, who do you suggest they sign? Isn't it better to keep cap space open for trades at the deadline instead of signing crappy vets to come in and play ahead of the youngsters? Should we bring in guys like Howard, Bell, and Jefferson?

PG/SG: Burke, Burks and Exum - 32 mins each, leaving mop up duty for a third point or another young SG
SF: Hayward (35), Hood (13). Need another wing for injury insurance only,
PF: Kanter (33), Novak (15), Evans as needed. Let's find out if Kanter can play. Need to make a decision next summer to re-sign or not.
C: Favors (33), Gobert (15). Again, only injury insurance needed.

Scrubs: Thomas has a chance to stick. Murphy is a 4/5 who was underwhelming in his SL game. Missed all his shots. Clark looks like he hasn't shot a ball in a year. I could really care less about these guys. I say just stock the Stampede roster and bring in whoever is playing the best.

They have too many young guys and aren't really sure how they fit together. There's really no more room to sign players on.

They have 8.5M left. Again, who do you suggest they sign? Isn't it better to keep cap space open for trades at the deadline instead of signing crappy vets to come in and play ahead of the youngsters? Should we bring in guys like Howard, Bell, and Jefferson?

PG/SG: Burke, Burks and Exum - 32 mins each, leaving mop up duty for a third point or another young SG
PF: Kanter (33), Novak (15), Evans as needed. Let's find out if Kanter can play. Need to make a decision next summer to re-sign or not.

Scrubs: Thomas has a chance to stick. Murphy is a 4/5 who was underwhelming in his SL game. Missed all his shots. Clark looks like he hasn't shot a ball in a year. I could really care less about these guys. I say just stock the Stampede roster and bring in whoever is playing the best.

I agree with everything you said. I just see them winning a few more games every season which at the rate is going to take them forever to make the playoffs again.

What about extensions for Burks and Kanter?

Sent from the JazzFanz app
They have until the end of October. I just see no good reason for EITHER side to reach an agreement. What do you base Kanter's value on? Is he a starting PF or is he a backup who can't play defense? I think we have a better idea of Burks' capabilities, but I'll bet his agent shuts down any extension talks. Alec is likely going to start. And he just might average 18 pts/per. His value could really soar. And if Parsons and Hayward got huge deals, Alec probably thinks he can get one, too.

I can see Alec exploding this year..seriously taking off with this new system. I was really high on Kanter when he got drafted...much much less now...still time and haven't given up on him, but he has shown to be really immature and non accepting of responsibility. Not good signs to me...Hope Im wrong, the guy has size and skills.

I can see Alec exploding this year..seriously taking off with this new system. I was really high on Kanter when he got drafted...much much less now...still time and haven't given up on him, but he has shown to be really immature and non accepting of responsibility. Not good signs to me...Hope Im wrong, the guy has size and skills.

Agree with you. However, I think we just wipe the slate clean with everyone. It's difficult to tell what the Jazz have. Now that the wicked witch is dead (because face it, living in Sacramento is as close to hell as you can get), let's see what a new coach and new system brings.

Yeah that's interesting from someone that has nothing to add to the conversation.

They have too many young guys and aren't really sure how they fit together. There's really no more room to sign players on.

Are they going to struggle to get 25 wins again?

Yep.

I know I am running the risk of earning a "Kanter Fan" tag,
but I do have a problem with this perception that is very common on our forum.
I seriously cannot understand why Kanter has been singled out as a "problem child, who does not care" and others enjoy a leniency.
Heck, Jazz have offered a MAX contract to an underachieving Hayward, who seems to be more into video games than Jazz basketball and its woes.
Except Favors, who is finely turning into a leader of men, I cannot see in what sense Kanter's behaviour differs from that of other players.
He is a thick-headed, goofy kid but he cared as much as others did.
That may be zilch or else but he is not the problem kid you guys think he is.

I know I am running the risk of earning a "Kanter Fan" tag,
but I do have a problem with this perception that is very common on our forum.
I seriously cannot understand why Kanter has been singled out as a "problem child, who does not care" and others enjoy a leniency.
Heck, Jazz have offered a MAX contract to an underachieving Hayward, who seems to be more into video games than Jazz basketball and its woes.
Except Favors, who is finely turning into a leader of men, I cannot see in what sense Kanter's behaviour differs from that of other players.
He is a thick-headed, goofy kid but he cared as much as others did.
That may be zilch or else but he is not the problem kid you guys think he is.
Kanter has always had heart and desire. I don't get how fans have soured on him so badly considering how poorly Ty Corbin has mismanaged him and screwed with his confidence. We have a pretty good idea of what we have inFavors, Hayward and Burks. We should be excited to see what Kanter and Exum can do under a coaching staff that teaches young guys and understands that support is needed for long-term development. If he gets out there and clearly doesn't fit, then you look to move on. I agree that neither side makes a move until the deadline. Just not enough information to base a decision on.

The Lakers got future 1st and 2nd round picks for taking on Lin. The Jazz had the cap space to do that and should've. I get they probably didn't want to pay $15m for Lin ($8m in cap space), but Lin is a good player and could be a great future back-up PG.