What's new

Jazz Media / Content Day

Im telling yall. The team will be pretty good, but our main vets are over the hill and not that good anymore and our young guys are talented, but have never been the main cogs of winning. I think we will lose a lot of games closely.

Beasley, Fontecchio and Markkanen should all shoot the ball above average. It worries me, actually. If the Jazz lose games, it will be because they're disorganized, lack confidence and don't know really what they're doing.

The Rockets could always put in JaeSean Tate and Kenyon Martin Jr. and have them jack up bricks. The Jazz don't really have that.

Beasley, Fontecchio and Markkanen should all shoot the ball above average. It worries me, actually. If the Jazz lose games, it will be because they're disorganized, lack confidence and don't know really what they're doing.

The Rockets could always put in JaeSean Tate and Kenyon Martin Jr. and have them jack up bricks. The Jazz don't really have that.
They going to lose games because the NBA is hyper talented across the board. Even the "bad" team we think are below the Jazz are massively talented.

Dok has 2 more years on his rookie deal. The guys who aren't signed long-term are Butler, Johnson, Lee and Nickeil. I tend to think the Jazz want to unload Gay and either Conley or Clarkson as soon as they can.
Next year is an option that ain't getting picked up.

Kofi Cockburn is on an Exhibit-10 deal. It looks like he has some money guaranteed for this season and could be converted to a 2-way contract.

I don't suppose he's shown up at media day, has he?

So the last two players left are NAW and Micha Potter?

Pretty sure KO and Lee can't be interview yet because the trade hasnt been finalized yet due to physicals.

Dude sounds super grown up and mature. Having to go from high draft pick to fighting for a job. I kind of like having those guys around to help young guys understand how fast life can come at you.

I thought he might get moved because I'd think someone could use him and he fits into basically any tpe.

Would have loved to have Stan and/or Olynyk at any time in the last 5 years.

The culture of the team and accountability of the players is also the coach's responsibility.

I'm not gonna sit here and say that Quin simply is a terrible coach, but he did a bad job the last two years. I get that he has to work with human beings and not some simple command-and-control apparatus like in a video game, but it doesn't change the fact that the team executing is his responsibility. Mitchell was a little **** that ****ed up a lot of the cultural components, but again, it's Quin's job to deal with that. I'm not saying that is easy.

Quin deserved to be fired and I think there's reason to believe that that is more what happened than is being reported. The whole team deserved to be nuked, and the job isn't finished.
This. The idea that often gets thrown out of how the coaches don’t miss the shots or make the turnovers or fail to box out or aren’t the ones not hustling is essentially and indirect way of making the argument of saying the coach is irrelevant. If the neighbor’s dog keeps coming over and ******** on your porch, the dog definitely sucks. But the problem isn’t really the dog. Otherwise the coach is just a human substitution maker and giver of post-game comments. We could just run a promotion and give a fan that opportunity each game and save Ryan $5M a year so we didn’t have to make those cuts on the roster, you know, the guys who actually take the shots and play minutes and stuff. Sounds like a win/win.

I guarantee we had the most blown leads in the 4th quarter last year if there is a stat for that.

How can you literally say that Quin isn’t terrible at in-game adjustments? Have you not watched a single game the last 3 years?
The Jazz turning into giant chokers coincided with Mitchell, honestly. We were decent in the clutch under Snyder before then.

Throughout his career his USG% in the clutch in massive, and his TS% and turnover rate are both absolutely abysmal.

That having been said, I do think Snyder deserves some criticism for not holding Mitchell more accountable there.

Not our media day but DeAndre Ayton seems thrilled to be a Sun still (sarcasm).

Jae not showing up. CP is old AF.... I wonder what kind of season they end up having.
The fact they were heavily protecting their 2023 pick enough to cost themselves Bogey tells you everything you need to know about their hopes of competing this year. It is going to get really bad for them.