What's new

Jazz Needs a New Line-up

UtahDon

Ty used all of last year trying to win, instead of developing the players. Will Quinn do the same thing this year?

Gobert has the greatest potential of all the Jazz players, but he will not improve without enough playing time. The Jazz also should hire a personal coach for Gobert to help him get ready for next year. That would be money well spent.

NEW LINE-UP FOR THE REST OF THIS YEAR:
Kanter, Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Trey Burke

Put Alec Burks on the 2nd string where he can make 30 points a night and we can stop complaining that the 2nd string is not producing.

If Hayward is not consistent, put him on the 2nd string with Alec. I am tired of watching Hayward coast.

Get another point guard, Trey did not work out, neither did Dante.

giphy.gif

Firesale everyone and build around Gobert.

Buying gobertfanz.com right now.

Will start a page chronicling the statistical progress of Gobert.

On second thought, screw that. Too much work! You would have to be a moron to do something like that. . .

NEW LINE-UP FOR THE REST OF THIS YEAR:
Kanter, Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Trey Burke

So Kanter at center, Gobert at PF, and Favors at SF. Genius.

I also love the fact that Hayward is included as an act of charity, even though he doesn't consider him good enough to start. May I suggest starting Booker instead? Or is this Evans' chance to get some minutes?

I hope UtahDon continues to post, because we desperately need more quality insights.

Gobert has gone from 9.6 mpg last year to 16.1 this. That's a solid increase and right where it should be imo. Keep in mind that we need to see what we have in Favors and Kanter, and Booker too, quite frankly, needs floor time as he's one of the rare guys with a pair of testes.

If we don't keep Kanter, and Gobert can take another leap next year, he could maybe start. I doubt that as I think that is more like two years away but it's certainly not out of the question. Dude has improved a lot, plays with a nice fire, has insane length and decent athleticism. That's a nice combo.

The OP was wrong about Favors, but I agree on Gobert to some degree.

I think we should try a little harder to develop him. He needs a few more minutes and the green light to shoot the ball every once in a while. I don't care if he is bad at it. That's how you learn. It's not like Kanter and Favors are shooting lights out. Kanter sometimes looks like he doesn't even know how to play. Why not reward Rudy and put a little more investment into him for his hard work on the defensive end.

Honestly, if I had to pick out of the 3 to start my franchise, I would pick Gobert. He seems a lot mentally tougher and smarter than Favors and Kanter.

I'd be all for benching Kanter and starting Gobert at this point.

Gobert has gone from 9.6 mpg last year to 16.1 this. That's a solid increase and right where it should be imo. Keep in mind that we need to see what we have in Favors and Kanter, and Booker too, quite frankly, needs floor time as he's one of the rare guys with a pair of testes.

If we don't keep Kanter, and Gobert can take another leap next year, he could maybe start. I doubt that as I think that is more like two years away but it's certainly not out of the question. Dude has improved a lot, plays with a nice fire, has insane length and decent athleticism. That's a nice combo.
Gobert also is averaging those minutes across EVERY game. Last year he played in just 45. I think he starts...eventually, but not this year. I agree with you; he might be two years away. And we do need to decide about Kanter. IMO, that's the biggest decision - and maybe the most expensive one - Utah is facing this summer. Better be ABSOLUTELY certain he is/is not worth whatever we might have to match or offer him.