What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

Doke's gonna get moved. No question about it. The moment DL brought in Favs it's basically game over for him.
It would be dumb and vindictive to move Udoka right now. Unless we got a high second rounder I wouldn't do it.

Favors, Matt Thomas and #30

for

Kuzma

Lakers get a more athletic big who can backup often injured AD. They also get to save a few million this year and down the road on Kuzma's deal.

We get more quality depth that can play during the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I only want Kuzma if its all we can get for Mike and Mike doesn't want to come back. In this scenario we could trade Bojan but I'd want that return to be pretty good.

It would be dumb and vindictive to move Udoka right now. Unless we got a high second rounder I wouldn't do it.
i'm at the point where as long as we don't dump any more second round draft picks to get his salary off the book i'm happy. no point of holding onto a guy who has zero chance of cracking the rotation, especially after watching the way Rudy got exposed in the playoffs. I want no continuity from that whatsoever.

Bojan would get us something...

The issue is the crazy tax we will pay next year if we keep Mike. So trade Favs for a small return essentially gets you the small return plus the ability to bring back Mike or use the taxpayer MLE.

Favs may get you something different. He's not a bad player... he's not a guy you want to play a ton in the playoffs. He would improve several teams significantly at the center position.
Trading both now would probably get us something but probably not something that would improve this team in short terms. I don't want us to make trades that would cause the team to go backwards just for salary reasons as we've seen how that **** went down last year.

i'm at the point where as long as we don't dump any more second round draft picks to get his salary off the book i'm happy. no point of holding onto a guy who has zero chance of cracking the rotation, especially after watching the way Rudy got exposed in the playoffs. I want no continuity from that whatsoever.
We can just decline his option next year if we don't want to keep him. If we didn't get a second I wouldn't move him. He's limited but different than Rudy. He's not had a chance to prove himself yet. I'd rather move Favs because it opens up so much money... take a chance the kid is a poor man's Capela or something.

We can just decline his option next year if we don't want to keep him. If we didn't get a second I wouldn't move him. He's limited but different than Rudy. He's not had a chance to prove himself yet. I'd rather move Favs because it opens up so much money... take a chance the kid is a poor man's Capela or something.
Declining his option may be the most realistic outcome at this point. Just don't see a scenario in which he would get any meaningful minutes.

Last edited:
Doke's gonna get moved. No question about it. The moment DL brought in Favs it's basically game over for him.
How do you move a 1st round pick who has never played? We’re essentially wasting money on favors for production we could get from Doke. And we are essentially wasting a first round pick that could’ve been used on McDaniels, Bey, or Bane because we signed Favors.

Due to age and salary, I’d love to unload favors and turn his contract into something useful. Let Doke play the 10 mins needed for Gobert to get a drink of water.

How do you move a 1st round pick who has never played? We’re essentially wasting money on favors for production we could get from Doke. And we are essentially wasting a first round pick that could’ve been used on McDaniels, Bey, or Bane because we signed Favors.

Due to age and salary, I’d love to unload favors and turn his contract into something useful. Let Doke play the 10 mins needed for Gobert to get a drink of water.
I wonder with the story about DL and Quin not talking for a couple of years if Quin was all on board the Tony Bradley, Jeff Green, Ed Davis and Favors train? There were other options out there.

I only want Kuzma if its all we can get for Mike and Mike doesn't want to come back. In this scenario we could trade Bojan but I'd want that return to be pretty good.
If we got Kuzma for Favors and scraps, we could trade Bojan for value because Kuzma could replace a lot of what Bojan provides for over $4 million less a year.

Turn Favors into Kuzma

Then turn Bojan into perimeter defense or PG play. Or package Bojan with S&T Conley for something much bigger.

If we got Kuzma for Favors and scraps, we could trade Bojan for value because Kuzma could replace a lot of what Bojan provides for over $4 million less a year.

Turn Favors into Kuzma

Then turn Bojan into perimeter defense or PG play. Or package Bojan with S&T Conley for something much bigger.

Why would LA want to trade Kuzma for Favors?

Turn Favors into Kuzma

Why would LA want favors? Don’t they already have Drummond, Gasol, Drez, and Davis?

Why would LA want favors? Don’t they already have Drummond, Gasol, Drez, and Davis?
I don’t think so. I think teams like Sacramento and Charlotte would have interest because they don’t have any centers currently under contract.

Google Wade Baldwin.

First round pick gets moved before the end of rookie contract all the time.

Plus we're wasting money on backup center regardless. Doesn't matter if it's Favs or Doke.

Cuz teams can just sign cheap backup center to min deal whenever. Even the lowly Kings got Hassan Whiteside and kept him on the bench all season.

Google Wade Baldwin.

First round pick gets moved before the end of rookie contract all the time.

Plus we're wasting money on backup center regardless. Doesn't matter if it's Favs or Doke.

Cuz teams can just sign cheap backup center to min deal whenever. Even the lowly Kings got Hassan Whiteside and kept him on the bench all season.
Wouldn’t we want want to keep doke then? He’s younger and cheaper than favors.

Wouldn’t we want want to keep doke then? He’s younger and cheaper than favors.
Cuz the way the rookie deal is scaled, Doke will earn more each year. His third and fourth year will worth well over 3mil. Hassan's one year deal with the Kings is only about 2.5mil by comparison, which is why DL paid to get Bradley's contract off the book.

Cuz the way the rookie deal is scaled, Doke will earn more each year. His third and fourth year will worth well over 3mil. Hassan's one year deal with the Kings is only about 2.5mil by comparison, which is why DL paid to get Bradley's contract off the book.
How much is favors making per year?