What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

As long as the Jazz don’t do anything unforgivably stupid again then I’ll be good.

If they can acquire an NBA player through some path and only dump Favors (hopefully only moving back, and assuming Conley is back on a deal that isn’t shockingly expensive), then this was a fine offseason.
I'm not sure they will move Favors if Andy's column is accurate.

Zach Harper of the Athletic is reporting this. Zach mentions in another part of the article trading the pick and Favors is possible, making the pick is also possible. But the Jazz would like to get off Favs contract.69D41543-3540-40CF-B41C-F4179E95C74C.jpeg

I hope tomorrow that some new news breaker says we are trying to get off Favs salary and may use the pick to do it…

I hope tomorrow that some new news breaker says we are trying to get off Favs salary and may use the pick to do it…
There’s a bit of new info in Zach’s report there though. He’s saying the Bogey or Joe trade rumors are not tied to cutting salary, but improving the roster.

I don't think it's crazy, especially if there's a team with the full MLE that strikes out on other MLE targets. They could be in a use or loose it situation and use the full MLE to get him out of UTA. A shorter, high money deal would be smart for anyone trying to pry him away.

Shooting is such a premium skill right now. Davis Bertans got 5/$80, Harris 4/$72, and Robinson could get $20M a year according to Woj. 2/$20M isn't out of the question IMO.

I'd go as far as to say the Jazz need to make sure he doesn't hit FA. I'd try to lock him down for many years and lower money. Very confident in him being at worst a rotation player and could even see him as plug in starter if we were to move Bogey.
Wow is all I can say. Jazz need to be smart and not overpay for guys who are 8th or 9th bench guys. If the Jazz replace Bogey with Niang there is no hope for this franchise. I will be shocked if he gets over 6 million a year. It might be more but there is no way he deserves the full MLE. I appreciate that George has improved his defense and that he is a good team mate. He is a streaking shooter. When he is bad he is bad and when he is on fire than he is really good. However many of his shots are uncontested and he was horrible and unplayable against the Clippers. I hope the Jazz can do better than Niang this off season.

Last edited:
A deal involving Nance makes some sense. Which way would picks flow?

a deal centered around Bogey and Taurean Prince could work too and save us $

here it is, I’ve cracked the code. Just need to figure out the picks.

Last edited:
A deal involving Nance makes some sense. Which way would picks flow?

a deal centered around Bogey and Taurean Prince could work too and save us $

here it is, I’ve cracked the code. Just need to figure out the picks.
Prince is trashy trash.

If shooters are in such high demand, Bojan should have more value than we think.

Bojan to NY
Knox and #30 to Cleveland
Nance, #19 and #32 to Utah

Then I would offer #19 and Favors to the Lakers for Kuzma and #22. Buy low on Kuz.

With these trades, we....
- save $4 million (B&F $28.5 - N&K $23.5 + pick)
- get a stretch 5 in Nance
- get younger and more athletic
- get more depth
- get #22

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

If shooters are in such high demand, Bojan should have more value than we think.

Bojan to NY
Knox and #30 to Cleveland
Nance, #19 and #32 to Utah

Then I would offer #19 and Favors to the Lakers for Kuzma and #22. Buy low on Kuz.

With these trades, we....
- save $4 million (B&F $28.5 - N&K $23.5 + pick)
- get a stretch 5 in Nance
- get younger and more athletic
- get more depth
- get #22

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
And Darft teh **** out of Butler.

Something tells me we will be bargain shopping in the second round again - I don't think we will come out of the draft with zero players, but not convinced we'll stay at #30.

Something tells me we will be bargain shopping in the second round again - I don't think we will come out of the draft with zero players, but not convinced we'll stay at #30.
Well, to be fair, we’re actually very likely coming out of the draft with zero NBA players drafting in the middle to late second round. Drafting at No. 30, that’s more like a coin flip.

The plan seems to be to overpay Conley and to do so, replace Niang’s and Favors’ rotation spots with vet minimum players. Oh, and trade a first round pick for the privilege of doing so.

How do these moves help with contending now? How do they help us get better in the future? Seems to me they do neither.

If we’re overpaying Conley and moving the pick to move Favors, an Ingles or Bogey trade seems like it has to happen for the narrative to be anything but “we ran it back tax-consciously, got a little worse, and didn’t really address any roster needs in any meaningful way.”

A lot to like in this Tony Jones article:
Meh. My favorite part is he mentions its Udoka and Hughes "second" rookie season.... we doing this again? "hey we didn't draft anyone because these guys are basically draft additions this year... again."

In other news I hear Dante is primed to win the ROY this year.