What's new

Jazz @ Oklahoma City | Sunday October 31st @ 5pm

I have a good feeling about today.

I think the Jazz will lead the game, keep it competitive and walk away with a win when it's all said and done.

Go Jazz

Let's look at matchups like we hope that the coaching staff is doing.
For the past two games, starting lineup has been Westbrook (6'3"), Durant (6'9"), Green (6'9"), Sefolosha (6'7"), and Krstic (7'0"). But Ibaka (6'10") has been playing 30 minutes to Krstics's 18.

This is a tall and long lineup. If Utah goes with an undersized PF/C combination of Millsap and Jefferson playing together for most of the game, then I don't like their chances.

The best strategy is to play a center (Elson or Fes) when Krstic is in the game. If Krstic starts, then a Jazz center should start. I would bring Millsap off the bench; it's OK to me if AJ comes off the bench, but I'd rather see what one of the centers can do alongside AJ. I do NOT see Jerry doing this, but Millsap is not a good matchup for the thunder. He should get 25-30 minutes instead of 30-35.

The centers should get at least 15-20 minutes combined. If they do well, give 'em more. If they don't, then don't. This should be evident by the third quarter.

To me, this game is a test as much of how the coaches can adjust as the players. Key difference is that the coaching staff has far more experience (especially with the Jazz) than many of the Jazzmen.

Durant: 36 points
Maynor: 16 points 8 assists
DWill: Throws punch at elder Hayward and Sloan lets em' go at it awhile before stepping in to break it up.

Let's look at matchups like we hope that the coaching staff is doing.
For the past two games, starting lineup has been Westbrook (6'3"), Durant (6'9"), Green (6'9"), Sefolosha (6'7"), and Krstic (7'0"). But Ibaka (6'10") has been playing 30 minutes to Krstics's 18.

This is a tall and long lineup. If Utah goes with an undersized PF/C combination of Millsap and Jefferson playing together for most of the game, then I don't like their chances.

The best strategy is to play a center (Elson or Fes) when Krstic is in the game. If Krstic starts, then a Jazz center should start. I would bring Millsap off the bench; it's OK to me if AJ comes off the bench, but I'd rather see what one of the centers can do alongside AJ. I do NOT see Jerry doing this, but Millsap is not a good matchup for the thunder. He should get 25-30 minutes instead of 30-35.

The centers should get at least 15-20 minutes combined. If they do well, give 'em more. If they don't, then don't. This should be evident by the third quarter.

To me, this game is a test as much of how the coaches can adjust as the players. Key difference is that the coaching staff has far more experience (especially with the Jazz) than many of the Jazzmen.

Most of the time I agree that it would be better to start a true Center against most teams with a large post player. But with the Thunder you are wrong. Jeff Green is the starting PF and there is no way AJ keeps up with him on the outside starting along side Fes or Elson. Millsap is a much better match up with Green and Kristic may be tall but he is not a banger nor that great a rebounder. If it was me I would start who I have been starting and then bring in one of our Centers to match up to Ibaka. Who is there real shot blocker and rebounder. The thunder get more boards from Westbrook and Durant then they do from Kristic on average. This team is more like the Suns than the Lakers. So I disagree with your starting lineup for this game.

I well say from a strategy POV I think both coaches would be smart to use a lot of cross matching with there guards. Bell on Westbrook and Sefolosha on Williams.

Need to contact the people that do the show and make sure they know it isn't on...

It is blacked out on NBATV because it is supposed to be on FSN for us.