What's new

Jazz only hope is to go full blown Euro

Beantown

If you can't keep a white kid from leaving Utah then we have no hope...

UNLESS!!!..... we go full blown Euro/Foreign.

Rubio/Gobert/Diaw/Exum/Neto/Ingles

These type of players typically like SLC and are not looking for the limelight other players crave.

Jazz are already on this path, but now it's time to jump in head first.

The Jazz now have players from 8 different countries on the team.

USA - Favors, Burks, Mitchell, Hood, Udoh, Bradley, JJ, NWG
Spain - Rubio
France - Gobert
Brazil - Neto
Australia - Exum, Ingles
Swiss - Sefolosha
Sweden - Jerebko
Ukraine - Bolomboy

Last edited:
The Jazz now have players from 7 different countries on the team.

USA - Favors, Burks, Mitchell, Hood, Udoh, Bradley, JJ, NWG
Spain - Rubio
France - Gobert
Brazil - Neto
Australia - Exum, Ingles
Swiss - Jerebko, Sefolosha
Ukraine - Bolomboy

Jerebko is from Sweden.

Internationals plus Mitchell so we have one American. I want the beginning of our games to last 45 minutes playing all the national anthems. Jazz games will be like the Olympic opening ceremonies....

euro's are more accustomed to the coach and ownership calling the shots. they don't usually have the usa sickness of arrogance. unfortunately, we learned in enes that it can be learned (and quickly) so it isn't fullproof, but it's not a bad idea. also, they are more prone to use team style basketball.

I really dont think there is that big of a difference between USA/International players other than USA guys might have more of a built in negative view of Utah.

These type of players typically like SLC and are not looking for the limelight other players crave.

Eh, I'm not so certain Haywood was looking for the limelight as much as he was looking to play in the glorified summer league that the East has become. Seems to me that the answer is to stop adding wussies to the team and go and get hard asses, be they European or no. . .

I really dont think there is that big of a difference between USA/International players other than USA guys might have more of a built in negative view of Utah.

Most players coming from outside the country see the US as a country. American players see the US as states and regions. Most American players care about those states and regions, and some don't. Some international players care about states and regions, but most don't.

Luka Doncic will fall to us next draft so the trend will continue.

Most players coming from outside the country see the US as a country. American players see the US as states and regions. Most American players care about those states and regions, and some don't. Some international players care about states and regions, but most don't.

I'm guessing this is getting most accurate. Non-Americans likely have a much weaker sense of regional/state hierarchies than Americans do. Also, internationals probably expect that they'll need to adapt to the culture to play in the NBA, so Utah culture is not a particular hurdle in the same way that it might be for Americans.

That said, I wouldn't put too much stock in what Hayward did as a representation of whether Americans will play in Utah. Plenty of Americans have loved their playing time in Utah. Let's not go all "inferiority complex" about this.

I think the real benefit of focusing on Euro players is that it provides a much greater opportunity to discover a special talent that isn't being scouted by every other team in the league. If we are better positioned to find those special talents we have a nice advantage over other NBA teams.

I think the real benefit of focusing on Euro players is that it provides a much greater opportunity to discover a special talent that isn't being scouted by every other team in the league. If we are better positioned to find those special talents we have a nice advantage over other NBA teams.

I think the chances of this are a little more diminished now. Most every team now scouts pretty heavily overseas. Even with a guy like Jokic, all the teams knew who he was but badly misjudged him including the Jazz. I remember the Raptors apparently thought they found one with Coboclo, but he still has not panned out.

I think the chances of this are a little more diminished now. Most every team now scouts pretty heavily overseas. Even with a guy like Jokic, all the teams knew who he was but badly misjudged him including the Jazz. I remember the Raptors apparently thought they found one with Coboclo, but he still has not panned out.

You say this, but then I look over at the Denver Nuggets and think they are just scouting by reading the Bleacher Report. . .

If they play for Quin and for each other they could all be from ****in Iraq and Qatar and Afghanistan and Russia, I'd still cheer for the mother****ers.

1. View of U.S./Utah
2. Respect for coaches and owners
3. Team-oriented approach
4. Basic fundamentals vs. highlight skills
5. Less sense of entitlement. Brought up through ranks and many have sat on bench as younger players. U.S. players have generally been stars at every level.