What's new

Jazz Pickup Mitchell and Bradley's 4th Year Options

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner

Obvious Mitchell's was going to happen but Bradley's is news. The Jazz have really committed to him long-term despite him not playing much, so they must like his work ethic.

“Kyoto or framer” said:
The only reason the team decided to spend peanuts a year from now is because I am the smartest, yet I probably don’t know that this is for a year from now and players on rookie-scale contracts get their options picked up unless they’re absolute garbage. I am so smart, also very secure.
Saved some people some trouble.

Obvious Mitchell's was going to happen but Bradley's is news. The Jazz have really committed to him long-term despite him not playing much, so they must like his work ethic.

It’s also peanuts and him being a waste of salary and a roster spot wasn’t enough to walk away before, so why would it necessarily now?

Anyway, Bradley might play in the NBA one day.

Another year isn't long-term. Gives them a $3.5M trade chip if he proves he can walk and chew gum at the same time.

DM was obvious, but damn there are a lot of Bradley haters here. Yes he was disappointing in his first couple of years, but he has looked very good this year. He is also relatively young and seems to be developing well.

Given our system, the coaches tutelage, and Rudy as an example. I can't see why we shouldn't be optimistic on this guy.

Let's be clear, there were people on this board who wanted to salary cut Gobert his first year on the team because he "wasn't an NBA player."

Saved some people some trouble.
Lol... I just point out how short sighted people are.

I also love how when I go out on a limb and suggest someone is good or that a player should be used a certain way how I get shot down on the board quickly and called an idiot. Then a few months later I end up being right and everyone says that they always though that x player was good or that x player needed to be used a certain way.

Its comical.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Let's be clear, there were people on this board who wanted to salary cut Gobert his first year on the team because he "wasn't an NBA player."

Well those people were complete morons. Rudy played 424 minutes in the NBA his rookie year and showed promise. He played 8 games in the G League and was an effing monster. It seemed to me the only guy who was late to the Gobert party was Ty Corbin.

Bradley has played 65 minutes. The deal with 3rd year rookies is... if you aren't willing to cut them now then you should pick up the option. It makes no sense to not pick it up if he's on the roster this year because then if he plays well he can get offered more than you give... you can only give up to what his scheduled 4th year amount would be. I've not been a Bradley fan... he's showed some improvement... but I am a fan of the Jazz strategy here. The salary isn't much, but you can't have him on the roster this year if you aren't going to commit to next year... so it was either he gets cut now or you pick up the option for next year.

The Jazz don't cut bait with projects they drafted... see Exum, Dante. This can be good or bad. I think this one is likely to end with a meh.

The Jazz don't cut bait with projects they drafted... see Exum, Dante. This can be good or bad. I think this one is likely to end with a meh.

Trey Burke, Trey Lyles, Zodiac Dude, Enes Kanter, Bolomboy, a slew of second rounders, Jazz aren't shy about moving players if it makes sense. Jazz are keeping Exum and Bradley because they think they can play. Exum and Bradley hating has grown tiresome.

DM was obvious, but damn there are a lot of Bradley haters here. Yes he was disappointing in his first couple of years, but he has looked very good this year. He is also relatively young and seems to be developing well.

Given our system, the coaches tutelage, and Rudy as an example. I can't see why we shouldn't be optimistic on this guy.

How many, unathletic, non floor spacers, who don't pass well out of the high post, do anything in the NBA. Not sure what his skill is that is enabling him to stay in the NBA.

How many, unathletic, non floor spacers, who don't pass well out of the high post, do anything in the NBA. Not sure what his skill is that is enabling him to stay in the NBA.
He doesn’t jump high. That doesn’t mean he isn’t athletic.

Trey Burke, Trey Lyles, Zodiac Dude, Enes Kanter, Bolomboy, a slew of second rounders, Jazz aren't shy about moving players if it makes sense. Jazz are keeping Exum and Bradley because they think they can play. Exum and Bradley hating has grown tiresome.

I mean Kanter openly asked to be traded, Trey was here for three years and wanted out, Trey Lyles might still be here if Denver hadn't given us DM... second rounders... really? Hood had to ask for a trade too... We waited on the Ricky, Favs, Rudy combo for about a year more than we should have. We err on the side of patience... it can be good and bad.

I'm not hating on either guy, but we should not put Bradley and Rudy in the same sentence... Picking up Bradley's option was a given if he was on the roster this year. He did enough to make the roster... lets see what he does this year.

In preseason (I know) he was a double-double machine. I'm not saying he is the next Rudy or anything, but having him as a 3rd string center isn't bad at all.