What's new

Jazz Players Snubbed from All Defensive Teams...

mellow

NBA named the ALL defensive teams today....

First team: Kawhi Leonard, Draymond Green, Tony Allen, DeAndre Jordan and Chris Paul.

Second team: Anthony Davis, Butler, Andrew Bogut, John Wall, Tim Duncan.
But No Rudy???

Sam Amick @sam_amick
I had to change votes (& I wasn't alone) b/c of league's All-defense position structure. Wish rules were more flexible based on bigs/wings

The league insisted that Gobert was a center only, while Duncan could get in as a forward though.

Tony Jones @Tjonessltrib
That tells me people aren't watching. Because DeAndre Jordan made first team, and Rudy's far and away a better defender

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody
If there were a third-team NBA All-Defense, Rudy Gobert would be on it. He received the 11th most votes, including five for the first team.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody
Rajon Rondo (one) got more votes for the NBA All-Defensive teams than Derrick Favors (none).

Keep feeding the beast....

The Jazz will punish the unbelievers next season.

Love every single snub that comes.

These boys are going to want blood next season. I cannot wait till that first game when Gobert eats someones soul on the court and lets everyone know it wasn't a fluke.

Hope it is a game against a big team like the Rockets, Thunder or Clips

Bogut on the second team? That is a joke. Gobert played more minutes and defensively did everything better than Bogut this season.

Rudy should have been on the 1st team, and that's not homerism. I agree with Stokes, however. Love the snub, because I know what Rudy's going to do next year. He's going to rip the head off of the NBA, and smurf down it's neck. More fuel to the fire, please!

Clippers with both a big and a perimeter defender in first team all defense! I bet they are a monster defensive team...

15. LA Clippers 103.0

Oh... well, fair enough, I guess it's not fair to judge individual players for the defense of the team, especially with that horrible bench they have. I bet when DeAndre is on the floor their defense is much better and those subs mess their otherwise amazing defensive effort, for example...
DeAndre Jordan on court defensive rating 105.8
DeAndre Jordan off-the-court defensive rating 104.8

Ooops...

Maybe CP3's effect is like 10pts per 100 possessions better when he's on the court...

CP3 on court defensive rating 105.2
CP3 off-the-court defensive rating 106.4

Oh well... who cares... keep the chips piling on:

rudy gobert ‏@rudygobert27 18m18 minutes ago

Congrats to the 10
Best defensive players in the league

10457_1213427138274_500_290.jpg

CP3 has no business on the first team.

The refs allow him to murder the opposing player every damn night... I could be all defense if they refer me the same way.

This is the best possible news though Gobert pays attention to this **** and imma guess he's gonna kill the league next year.

Gobert will be DPOY next year with a full year of asskicking, so I'll consider that apt restitution.

So 9 of the top 11 vote getters were in the west? only Butler and Wall from the east? Why is the east so bad?

Congrats to the 10 Best defensive players in the league - rudy gobert (@rudygobert27)

Can't wait for next season.

Congrats to the 10 Best defensive players in the league - rudy gobert (@rudygobert27)

Can't wait for next season.

I hope this is rubbing off on players like Exum, Hayward and Favors.

I want to see this team hungry and with some in your face swagger and play.

Not the best selections, but not as bad as they could have been as well I suppose. Probably would have gone:

2nd team:
Paul
Bradley
Carroll
Duncan
Bogut

1st team:
Wall
Allen
Leonard
Green
Gobert

HM: AD, Noel, Jordan, Lebron, Iggy all being worthy selections to me as well.

Gobert not making the team is a complete joke. It's like the idiots who vote for it just didn't see the Jazz went from one of the worst defenses to one of the best once he started.

Though it also exposes the complete joke that was Kancer on defense.

So 9 of the top 11 vote getters were in the west? only Butler and Wall from the east? Why is the east so bad?

Because the East is really, really bad

East vs West, West wins 59%
Normalizing for schedule, 8 of top 11 teams are Western. 8 of the bottom 12 are from the East (using Sagarin rank)
Normalizing for schedule, Nets are 23rd best team in the NBA (below the Nuggets), but in playoffs in the East.

Comparison with DRPM ranking

Andrew Bogut, Golden State 1
Draymond Green, Golden State 2
Tony Allen, Memphis 3
Tim Duncan, San Antonio 5
Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio 6
Anthony Davis, New Orleans 7
DeAndre Jordan, L.A. Clippers 41
John Wall, Washington 65
Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers 145
Jimmy Butler, Chicago 151

My picks: