What's new

Jazz Pre-Draft Camps and Workouts

btw, if I'm not mistaken, Seraphin is a French citizen but is not French per se. Isn't he from the Caribbean?

Kevin Seraphin is from "Guyane", and Guyane = France. Guyane is one of the 4 "Départements d'Outre Mer" (kind of "oversea counties", along with Reunion, Martinique, and Guadeloupe where Rodrigue Beaubois is from), back from the times France was a colonial country.
As for his height, he's listed as "2m06" here. I don't know anything else about him, sorry.

Now it's getting odd. There are reports of Jazz moving up and reports of Jazz moving down. Guess it all depends on how draft goes.
That's why you see fewer picks traded right before the draft (the Jazz trading up to pick Deron was an exception).

The Jazz might want #5, but only if a certain guy is there. They might want to keep #9, but only if one of their top 7 or 8 is there. If #5 and #9 are both no-go, they might be willing to take two picks later on, and even more so if they can pick up another asset in the process.

Perrin on Sportsbeat said the Jazz wanted COusins in for a workout but his agent wouldn't let him.

Perrin on Sportsbeat said the Jazz wanted COusins in for a workout but his agent wouldn't let him.

Thought I read somewhere that Cousins refused to work out for Minnesota. Sounds like DeMarcus doesn't want to be drafted by a predominately white state...and by that, I mean white with snow during basketball season, of course.

Well, I'm going to be semi-happy with the draft as long as a few things don't happen. And those things are moving up to get Monroe, and drafting Aldrich.

Thought I read somewhere that Cousins refused to work out for Minnesota. Sounds like DeMarcus doesn't want to be drafted by a predominately white state...and by that, I mean white with snow during basketball season, of course.

Well, I would hope that he knows the difference between weather in Minnesnowta and U-tan. ;)

Seriously, it rarely gets below freezing here. I've lived in Utah, off and on, most of my life. When it does snow here, other than a 2-3 weeks in January or February, the snow doesn't stick for very long--especiallly in Fall and Spring. Usually it'll snow overnight and then melt later that same day. "Not much prettier than a fresh layer of snow powder across the landscape," you say, as you take your first golf swing, later that afternoon while playing in shorts. lol

Also, like I said (thanks Karl), it's only truly cold for 2-3 weeks in late January to mid February. Of course, every climate is susceptible to surprises. However, I still say we're much warmer than most states & cities across the top, including cities like Chicago, Detroit and New York. Besides, since everyone drives here, you're never really outside your car or your home for very long. In addition, it's a dry chill rather than a humid, wet freeze. There's a big difference.

Last edited:
well, i would hope that he knows the difference between weather in minnesnowta and u-tan. ;)

seriously, it rarely gets below freezing here. I've lived in utah, off and on, most of my life. When it does snow here, other than a 2-3 weeks in january or february, the snow doesn't stick for very long--especiallly in fall and spring. Usually it'll snow overnight and then melt later that same day. "not much prettier than a fresh layer of snow powder across the landscape," you say, as you take your first golf swing, later that afternoon while playing in shorts. Lol

also, like i said (thanks karl), it's only truly cold for 2-3 weeks in late january to mid february. Of course, every climate is susceptible to surprises. However, i still say we're much warmer than most states & cities across the top, including cities like chicago, detroit and new york. Besides, since everyone drives here, you're never really outside your car or your home for very long. In addition, it's a dry chill rather than a humid, wet freeze. There's a big difference.
That's great.

Here is a recap of the known Jazz workouts--I won't be suprised when the jazz draft someone tonight who is not on the list.

Workout #1
Greg Monroe

Workout #2
Al-Farouq Aminu
Luke Babbitt
Gordon Hayward
Xavier Henrey
Damion James
Ryan Thompson

Workout #3
Gani Lawal
Patrick Patterson