What's new

Jazz @ Rockets (Sunday 3/20)

My dad and I were both screaming at Ty to get Bell out of there and put AK back in. There's always one player on the Jazz who totally sucks but gets 30 mpg anyway. This year it's Raja. Jerry Sloan is still clearly coaching this team.

24lu13a.jpg

can someone add to his shirt - 'Raja Bell is my BFF!'

I still don't get what the jazz get out of playing Raja so much, makes no sense whatsoever

There are some good points made in this thread.
I support Bell and Corbin , but I wouldn't mind seeing Hayward get some of Bell's minutes.

Glad I wasn't the only one upset with Bell getting the most minutes out of anybody not name Millsap or Jefferson in the 2nd half.
Anybody notice the 1st Qtr was going fine until AK for Bell substitution then offense went to a screeching halt. Also I see others noticed that AK did a good job on Martin during his 7-8min in the 3rd Qtr before being sent to the bench for the rest of the game.

As poor as Bell has played I actually don't mind him playing but not double the minutes he should be playing it is mind numbingly painful for me to watch. I kinda understand that Hayward not playing him on D for extended minutes being a rookie and Martin getting any and all calls when he guards him. I just hope it wasn't cause his one TO in 4th Qtr cause Bell's had plenty of stupid mistakes and he isn't a rookie.
Also Bell can't make Martin pay on D like CJ and AK could, early in the 1st Qtr they posted Martin up but never went back to it, genius move especially with Jefferson struggling somebody else needed to help Millsap bare the scoring load.

But I think the lack of production for the PG's combined with Bell is what really hurt and again not keep harping on it but like it or not AK is the next best passer heck may be the first best since Harris is getting acclimated.

Except that this is one team Millsap has an advantage against. They don't have that tall, athletic front line that gives him fits. If he could not have big games against teams like Houston he would not have a place on the team at all. This is why I think he should anchor our 2nd unit. Him and Jefferson play too much alike and Millsap can dominate 2nd string PF/C combos and Jefferson is a better match up against most starting PF/C combo's.

That and he will not wear down like he has the last 2 seasons. Keep him on the second unit and keep his minutes to 30 or so. That way you can get great production, consistent production all year and not thiis 35-25-15-12 progression he has been on. Also, the coaches need to make him shoot 3s more often. Why not? Especially with memo out.