What's new

Jazz Roster (Updated for Collins Trade)

Pretty sure they've said they drafted him fully intending him to be a PG. Whether or not that happens is a different story. But think they'll give him the chance.
they did? ok well I guess I am clueless about what they are thinking now. I mean if they were going to draft a pg JHS was right there for the taking.
Keonte can be our pg I guess just like Sexton can if he has to. But neither are floor generals in the traditional sense and both are probably best as score first microwaves imo
I think if they can play together it might be an interesting offense anyway

Not sure if GS does this, but if I was the Jazz I would offer KO and a future first for Kuminga. I think KO fits great for them and Kuminga is a high risk high reward gamble that could have a Lauri type breakout. I am higher on him than wasting cap space on Kuzma.

Not sure if GS does this, but if I was the Jazz I would offer KO and a future first for Kuminga. I think KO fits great for them and Kuminga is a high risk high reward gamble that could have a Lauri type breakout. I am higher on him than wasting cap space on Kuzma.
I feel like KO for Kuminga and the bad contract of Payton would work. KO would fit perfectly with GS. KO feels like a very Dunleavy kind of guy.

I believe (very strongly) in the theory of team building from the top down. Get the best players you can and let others get pushed down the rotation.

I know everyone’s rankings are going to be different, but I base mine on athletic ability, talent and skill level and readiness to contribute.

01 - SF/PF: Lauri Markkanen
02 - C: Walker Kessler

03 - SG: Jordan Clarkson (if he returns)
04 - PG/SG: Collin Sexton
05 - SG: Ochai Agbaji
06 - PF: Taylor Hendricks
07 - PG/SG: Keyonte George

08 - PG: THT
09 - PF: John Collins
10 - PF/C: Kelly Olynyk
11 - SG/SF: Brice Sensabaugh

12 - SF: Simone Fontecchio
13 - C: Damian Jones (possible trade)
14 - PF: Luka Samanic (50/50 - maybe 2-way)
15 - C: Vernon Carey, Jr. (likely cut)

I want the Jazz to prioritize a free agent that will fit into Tier 2 and push other guys down. I also would like that guy to be close to Lauri’s age so the time frame works well.

My free agent list is small and strategic. I want guys that can come in and contribute, but won’t be hard to trade if I have to move them down the line.

Kyle Kuzma checks off a lot of boxes for me and would fit this team really well. I think he’s obtainable and would be a great fit on this team. I’d offer him a descending contract and then try to extend Clarkson as well.

Last edited:
Think they will want a bunch more for Kuminga.
It will cost us an unprotected KO and THT imo. Kuminga doesn't fit the timeline in GSW at all, and wants more usage. We might not be the best spot for him now either after drafting Hendricks so.
I think it might be smarter to go all in on Grant WIlliams as the reserve big and if nothing else force Boston to overpay him. I am sure they would love having KO back as well in a s/t

Barring more trades I think Dunn will start the season but Sexton will finish as the starting PG. But if THT does either it means really good or bad things for next season. He still has a very high ceiling, but his floor looks the same as the floor my very drunk neighbor is looking for...

A healthy version of this roster is absolutely a playoff team. Not play in, playoff.

Do I get flamed for that? Doesn’t matter, ***** a cold hard fact.
There is plenty of work to be done too. I wouldn't be surprised if we added one or two more solid pieces in FA.

A healthy version of this roster is absolutely a playoff team. Not play in, playoff.

Do I get flamed for that? Doesn’t matter, ***** a cold hard fact.
I assume JC is gone but we currently have 8-9 legit nba rotation players, a few promising rookies, and some decent injury fill-ins. Feels like a high end play in team to me. Good chance at playoffs imo.

I feel like passing is definitely the biggest weakness on the roster at this point and something that I hope will be addressed through free agency or trades.

Last edited:
I could see Taylor defending shooting guards. Positional size baby!

THT/Dunn/George
Taylor
Lauri
Collins
Kessler
I think you could potentially do some cool zone defense with that kind of lineup, but if youre in man any competent NBA guard would eat Hendricks.

I still have to see him guard on the perimeter in the NBA before I buy the hype

Jazz Roster by Age

SF: Brice Sensabaugh (19) 6’5 - 235 lbs
PG: Keyonte George (19) 6’3” - 190 lbs
PF: Taylor Hendricks (19) 6’10” - 215 lbs
C: Walker Kessler (21) 7’1” - 245 lbs
PG: Talen Horton-Tucker (22) 6’4” - 235 lbs
SG: Ochai Agbaji (23) 6’5” - 215 lbs
PF: Luka Samanic (23) 6’10” - 225 lbs
PG: Collin Sexton (24) 6’1” - 190 lbs
PF: John Collins (25) 6’9” - 235 lbs
SF: Lauri Markkanen (26) - 7’0” - 240 lbs