What's new

Jazz Select Olivier Hanlan

I wouldn't mind taking Olivier Hanlan in the second round if we are going for a PG.
I like Hanlan. I think he's one of the better PG/SG prospects in the second round. I don't think we needed a PG, but if we had to take one, I don't mind him. I don't know what that means for Trey or Bryce... I would guess Hanlan would be spending some time in the D-League this year. He is a playmaker, very skillful and shifty player, great at finishing around the rim and also capable shooter.

I know those are highlights, but he looks plenty good to me. Nice quickness, nice quick hesitations, decent shooting touch. Scorer's mentality. I like it.

This from SBnation...Hanlan steps into a situation in Utah that is conducive to a scorer thriving: While the Jazz do have Trey Burke, Alec Burks, and Dante Exum as backcourt options, Hanlan may be a better scorer than all three, and could certainly push for playing time as a spark plug in a second unit.

This from SBnation...Hanlan steps into a situation in Utah that is conducive to a scorer thriving: While the Jazz do have Trey Burke, Alec Burks, and Dante Exum as backcourt options, Hanlan may be a better scorer than all three, and could certainly push for playing time as a spark plug in a second unit.

If he's a better scorer than burks the draft is a wild success

I think we picked him because he really impressed all DL, KOC and Sloan during workouts. Not sure what our plan is with our 4 PGs under contract though.