What's new

Jazz Sign Dee

He's nothing special, for sure. End of bench guy, give ya 3 or 4 minutes per game. Practice player.

He's nothing special, for sure. End of bench guy, give ya 3 or 4 minutes per game. Practice player.

He wasn't the guy flying above the rim catching alley-oops, he was the guy throwing them. You didn't see him putting up 45 points in a game. You saw him setting someone up for their 45 points. He didn't bang down low, underneath the basket. He got those guys easy shots.

Dee Bost was the catalyst to the Stampede's high-powered offense for the 2013-14 season.

"My role was to set up the offense and make sure everyone is involved," Bost said. "I'm a leader and it's my job to get things going."

Dee finished the season 2nd in the league in assists per game with 8.6. Dee also led the league in minutes played while starting all 50 of Idaho's games. Obviously he was important in the Stampede's game plan.

"It all starts with Dee," Head coach Mike Peck said. "He is the steering wheel for me on the court."

Dee did a little bit of everything. The 2014 NBA D-League All-Star finished the season with 15.2 ppg, 8.6 apg, 6.1 rpg and 2.0 spg. Bost also led the league with 5 triple-doubles.

"I'm a competitor," Bost said. "I'll do whatever it takes to help my team win."

I think the Stamps started something like 12-0 and Dee was a part of that and then players started going overseas. He helped Murph lead the DLeague in scoring.

He wasn't the guy flying above the rim catching alley-oops, he was the guy throwing them. You didn't see him putting up 45 points in a game. You saw him setting someone up for their 45 points. He didn't bang down low, underneath the basket. He got those guys easy shots.

Dee Bost was the catalyst to the Stampede's high-powered offense for the 2013-14 season.

"My role was to set up the offense and make sure everyone is involved," Bost said. "I'm a leader and it's my job to get things going."

Dee finished the season 2nd in the league in assists per game with 8.6. Dee also led the league in minutes played while starting all 50 of Idaho's games. Obviously he was important in the Stampede's game plan.

"It all starts with Dee," Head coach Mike Peck said. "He is the steering wheel for me on the court."

Dee did a little bit of everything. The 2014 NBA D-League All-Star finished the season with 15.2 ppg, 8.6 apg, 6.1 rpg and 2.0 spg. Bost also led the league with 5 triple-doubles.

Another "leader" ??

I thought Hayward, AND Favors, AND Burke, AND Hood, were supposed to be leaders?

Go Stamps!

So can he play for Jazz at all this year?
$65,000 for year is not a minimum NBA salary.
Doubt he can play even one minute for Jazz at that salary.

So can he play for Jazz at all this year?
$65,000 for year is not a minimum NBA salary.
Doubt he can play even one minute for Jazz at that salary.

That's why I asked whether he's signed for the Jazz or for the Stampede.

I suspect this means he will be cut after training camp and sent to the Stamps. Minimum is $475,000 I think and that is prorated out per game until the K is guaranteed. Right now the Jazz have 13 guaranteed contracts and probably room for one more.

I wonder if it is like a non guarantee, but this time part of it is. He guaranteed 65k, if he is still with the team after (I think it is Dec 10) then he is guaranteed the full season salary.

I wonder if it is like a non guarantee, but this time part of it is. He guaranteed 65k, if he is still with the team after (I think it is Dec 10) then he is guaranteed the full season salary.

Well there you go, that's just something DL would do. Give them a chance to prove themselves, if they don't then it's:

SA-YO-NA-RA (Godbye in Japanese)

One thing I remember about watching Bost is that he doesn't extend his arm all thew way through on his follow through.

It's cool that he has transformed his game in the D-League to being a facilitator. He has good enough strength and athleticism to be an above average defender at the position IMO.