What's new

Jazz Sign Ekpe Udoh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sL-Nj2nQZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFY4iZ9vco

Tony jones confirmed all three signings have team options for second year. Great job by DL. Fantastic flexibility on good value deals.

Tony jones confirmed all three signings have team options for second year. Great job by DL. Fantastic flexibility on good value deals.

I wonder when the guarantee date is. Lol... If it's sometime mid-July like the Diaw contract those become even better.

So Snyder, a guy who didn't like playing Favors/Gobert together even when Favors was playing well, is going to change course now that Hayward is gone and lean on Favors?

I just highly doubt that.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

He didn't like playing injured Favors. I think Favors is getting starter PF minutes this year if he isn't traded. I mean, maybe he does get traded. I hope not unless it's for a good haul. I like Favors and I think he's going to have a redemption year.

He didn't like playing injured Favors. I think Favors is getting starter PF minutes this year if he isn't traded. I mean, maybe he does get traded. I hope not unless it's for a good haul. I like Favors and I think he's going to have a redemption year.

People keep saying Snyder didnt want to play them together but that is not true. He played them together plenty when they were healthy. Favors was not healthy for 1 minute last season and that changed everything.

People keep saying Snyder didnt want to play them together but that is not true. He played them together plenty when they were healthy. Favors was not healthy for 1 minute last season and that changed everything.

Yeah but the reports were Favors was at his healthiest in the Warriors series and Quin didnt even give them a chance to play together.

Yeah but the reports were Favors was at his healthiest in the Warriors series and Quin didnt even give them a chance to play together.

That report was incorrect. Favors was clearly hobbled. There is a good reason Favors only got 10 minutes a game. If he was healthy and Snyder didnt want to play him with Gobert he would have at least got all the minutes when Gobert was off the court. Gobert only played 35 minutes a game. Unless you think for some reason Snyder thinks Withey is better than a healthy Favors and only realized that during the Clippers game.

That report was incorrect. Favors was clearly hobbled. There is a good reason Favors only got 10 minutes a game. If he was healthy and Snyder didnt want to play him with Gobert he would have at least got all the minutes when Gobert was off the court. Gobert only played 35 minutes a game. Unless you think for some reason Snyder thinks Withey is better than a healthy Favors and only realized that during the Clippers game.

Well that's what everyone said, including Favors.

Withey played 0 total minutes in the Warriors series.

Its also a really bad matchup for them. If he had been healthy and they had gelled it might work well, but Favs and Gobert can't share the floor much in that matchup.

Well that's what everyone said, including Favors.

Withey played 0 total minutes in the Warriors series.

Except with the series was over he said he was playing on one leg. I guess you are right. Diaw got most of the backup Center minutes which is just the same. If Favors was fully healthy and Snyder didnt want him to play with Gobert he would have got all the backup minutes which means he would have played 18+ minutes.

Its also a really bad matchup for them. If he had been healthy and they had gelled it might work well, but Favs and Gobert can't share the floor much in that matchup.

I agree with the first part but he wasnt healthy so that is why he wasnt played much. Even if they cant share the court together in that matchup (which I disagree with, they can and should if healthy). Favors would get the backup Center minutes at least, he did not get those. He only got 10 minutes a game.

Except with the series was over he said he was playing on one leg. I guess you are right. Diaw got most of the backup Center minutes which is just the same. If Favors was fully healthy and Snyder didnt want him to play with Gobert he would have got all the backup minutes which means he would have played 18+ minutes.

The one-leg tweet came about a month before the playoffs start iirc.

Favors got 90% of the backup C minutes in the GSW series....

The one-leg tweet came about a month before the playoffs start iirc.

Hmm I thought it came right after the season ended.

Edit: it looks like it was in March of this year so before the playoffs.
Double edit: He did talk about not being healthy in post season interviews and talked about needing to get healthy. Implying that he was not currently healthy weeks after the season ended.

Regardless he was not healthy. Maybe slightly more healthy than at some other points in the season but he was not healthy. He was clearly hobbled and struggling to get up and down the court and move.

Any assessment of the way Snyder handled that should be taken with a grain of salt. The only time we can look at and make any guesses off of is when they were both healthy. At that point they played a lot together and played well together.