What's new

Jazz Sign Rayjon Tucker

Who guards AD, Lebron, and McGee when we play the lakers now that Green is gone? I literally think Niang is unplayable against them

Lmfao at the idea of Green even trying to defend them let alone defend them.

Do they? In Miami, just minutes before he was waived. Jeff Green played 18 minutes. Niang 9 minutes. Brantley was a DNP. Morgan was not even with the team.

Maybe this is one of those steps you're not supposed to skip? It comes after you strip your team of prospects and future draft picks.

To the common man the Festivus Purge of 2019 looks like Jazz management is flailing around in desperation. But only because we can't understand the complexity of it all.

It doesn’t appear desperate at all. It appears decisive.

I think the number of minutes we've been playing our starters has been troubling the coaching staff. There's a good chance we actually loosen up the rotation a bit. Of course that depends on if we see any improvement from the bench.
I hope so. And I hope it was the load issue that forced their hand. Gotta address that

One of Tucker/Brantley is going to be 12th man on the roster racking up CD/DNP's. The other is going to be on the Stars.

Which could still be a great move. You have to go manage the team for every open slot and for next year. Both moves today could be very helpful in 2021 as well as this year. I love to see the front office making tweaks and moves and my guess is that it sends the right message to the players in multiple ways.

Im fine with all of this except balls are not tough at all... one time my left ball was grazed by a swiping defenders hand and I thought I would die... my bits are kind of *******.
One time I was going down some stairs and I jumped to the bottom from Scott the 4th stair and when I landed my balls swung into my thigh (I wasn't wearing any underwear) and I crumpled to the floor.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

From a Woj article

"Utah is getting a fantastic young man with a great work ethic and passion for the game," Herd coach Chase Buford told ESPN. "Rayjon is an elite athlete who competes at a ridiculously high level every night. He's a human highlight reel, and a very exciting prospect for now and the future."
Damn

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

<...> To the common man the Festivus Purge of 2019 looks like Jazz management is flailing around in desperation. <...>
It crosses my mind.
Nothing seems to be working out the way Jazz brass expected. Not so good choices were piling up and not so good results were coming out of it. No way to explain or justify Dantee's contract. Just may be they've shaked things a little bit too much. Rubio refuses to help :). Ball continues is Mitchell's hand a tad too much. Ingles to the bench now appears silly. A high character almost all star guard deprived of the ball. Coach's face poised to end up in the Museum of Death.... People starting to lose interest 'cause the team just bores too much...
And most of all... the clear knowledge that if this iteration of the Jazz doesn't work, they will have to trade the big guys and start all over again...
Of course, not pressure. Guys are pro.

It crosses my mind.
Nothing seems to be working out the way Jazz brass expected. Not so good choices were piling up and not so good results were coming out of it. No way to explain or justify Dantee's contract. Just may be they've shaked things a little bit too much. Rubio refuses to help :). Ball continues is Mitchell's hand a tad too much. Ingles to the bench now appears silly. A high character almost all star guard deprived of the ball. Coach's face poised to end up in the Museum of Death.... People starting to lose interest 'cause the team just bores too much...
And most of all... the clear knowledge that if this iteration of the Jazz doesn't work, they will have to trade the big guys and start all over again...
Of course, not pressure. Guys are pro.

There is mounting pressure on the FO. Moves like Dante's contract and mortgaging the future on Mike Conley look like NY Knick's type moves (or KOC moves TBH), not moves made by a savvy group of future title winners. These latest moves are like the guy trying to bail out the ship that's already under water.

It's highly doubtful Brantley plays. We've used a 9 man rotation almost exclusively all season. It's looking like the 4 off the bench will be Mudiay/Clarkson/Niang/Davis for now. When Conley comes back the 4 off the bench will likely be Mudiay/Clarkson/Oneale/Davis OR Clarkson/Oneale/Niang/Davis. Whoever is on the 12 man between Brantley and Tucker will just be riding pine. Good chance Brantley might even be back on the Stars because of the two way contract rules.

I agree with the rest of what you said however.
One thing I have noticed is the amount of the starter's minutes and I'm wondering if this means that Quin is going to lengthen the rotation a bit to allow the starters some rest or at least less minutes for awhile.

If our 1st-rd pick is going to be in the 23-25 range, maybe that too. I think this Rayjon Tucker kid is comparable to a guy like Donte DiVincenzo, Grayson Allen or Lonnie Walker. He's shown he can play at this level.
If this dude can play defense like DiVincenzo has shown he can, then we have an absolute steal. But, nah, I want to keep as many 1st rounders as possible, even in the 23-25 range.

I remember seeing some kid just tore up the SLC Stars (I follow them very, very losely.) I'm wanting to say it was him.

I've watched some highlights of him and he looks like a solid ball player and is really athletic. I hope we give him and a few other Star players a chance to play with the big boys.