What's new

Jazz throttle the Spurs at their place game thread

The problem so far is that they're just not missing shots. It's one contested mid-range jumper off the dribble after another.

Reactions: SCS
They can't keep this up all game, they have to cool off at some point.

The pressure on the ball has been nonexistent. Guys aren't going at Rudy at the rim, but they are still getting to their spots everywhere else. The Spurs are absolutely red hot, which probably won't continue, but the Jazz have allowed them to get into a rhythm because they haven't put any pressure on them defensively.

We're just not a ball pressure defense. Haven't been all year. I've had issues with our perimeter defense for weeks because of how easily we let guys by. Would be nice if we got a little more physical. But tonight we've been pretty connected. We're forcing them into tough midrange shots and contesting well. They're just scorching.

The problem so far is that they're just not missing shots. It's one contested mid-range jumper off the dribble after another.

And there was another one lol. That has to be like 20 contested midrange shots this half and I swear they've made 19 of them

I have a feeling Bogey is going to go off at some point tonight and the Spurs will start to miss. I still see a double digit Jazz win.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Our perimeter defense has been **** the past few games, even Royce.