What's new

jazz to play preseason game against warriors

Not sure what to think of this. But hey, at least it gave me some reason to be optimistic that the lockout will end.

Not to be the bearer of bad news to anybody, but the lockout ain't ending. An announcing of a preseason game means nothing. The last time players and owners met they almost started a brawl and haven't really spoken since. Sorry to burst anybody's bubble, but let's hope there's even basketball by Feb 1.

Is the game being held in Europe or China? Cause that's where the players will be.
Not in China. The latest rumor is that the NBA has strong-armed China into passing a law that will prohibit any Chinese team from offering a contract with a termination clause allowing players to leave when the NBA resumes. Pretty ugly stuff between the NBA and players. I think this goes at least 1 year and perhaps cuts into a 2nd season.

It's common practice for the leagues to announce schedules as if nothing is wrong. The NFL did it while their lockout was on. If the lockout is over by then, the game will be played. If not, no game.

Not to be the bearer of bad news to anybody, but the lockout ain't ending. An announcing of a preseason game means nothing. The last time players and owners met they almost started a brawl and haven't really spoken since. Sorry to burst anybody's bubble, but let's hope there's even basketball by Feb 1.

Sounds like you were there and seen it happen.. please provide details

So the first preseason game starts in about 2 1/2 weeks (Oct 9th @ Portland). Any guesses when they'll start cancelling these games?

So the first preseason game starts in about 2 1/2 weeks (Oct 9th @ Portland). Any guesses when they'll start cancelling these games?
In the 98 lockout they announced the cancelation of preseason games on about October 1st.

My guess is that they'll at least cancel the training camp date of October 1st (or is it the 3rd?) by end of next week.