What's new

Jazz vs Bulls - Who is Better?

gomretat

Glad to have Al in town, but I am not buying that the Jazz are better than they were last year. We might match up better against a few teams, but unless AK and Hay have very good seasons, we are in the same range of low 50 wins. What's more, I think the Bulls have greatly improved by picking up 3 former Jazz boys. With Rose and Noah around them, this is a very solid team. I think the Bulls got the best end of the wheeling and dealing.

Chicago didn't get much better... Boozer? Won't be the same without a playmaker to give him good looks. Korver? That's the only one they have that can shoot the three decently (and we have Hayward who plays better defense). I'm not sold on the Bulls at all. Jazz > Bulls. Quietly, the Jazz have improved in all aspects.. just wait and see.

To begin with, the Bulls weren't as good of a team as the Jazz was last year.

Jefferson > Boozer, Hayward > Korver, Bell > Brewer

even with -Matthews the Jazz are clearly a better team. I think that the Jazz have the Bulls outmatched at every position, with the exception of Deng of course.

I think the Jazz are. Not only did we get Jefferson but we still have Millsap and Okur. Our frontine is much deeper. Plus no way does Boozer or Korver duplicate last years stats.

Hope you folks are right, but I think there is some serious kool-aid drinking going on about Al. I really like the guy, but I am not convinced he is an upgrade over Booz other than against teams with length. I listen to the KFAN folks yesterday discuss this years team versus last years and they think we are not quite as good but close. I think they are correct. And the Bulls have improved a lot.

I think both teams will be 50+ win teams next year if they play to their potential. Impossible to say who is better. I would say the Jazz have the potential to be better this year than last, but it all depends on how all the new pieces fit in and whether Raja and Gordy can give us quality minutes on a consistent basis.

Hope you folks are right, but I think there is some serious kool-aid drinking going on about Al. I really like the guy, but I am not convinced he is an upgrade over Booz other than against teams with length. I listen to the KFAN folks yesterday discuss this years team versus last years and they think we are not quite as good but close. I think they are correct. And the Bulls have improved a lot.

You're probably right; the Bulls have improved. But they only won 41 games last year. And all the major pieces they added are from a team that won 53 games last year with a better point guard, better bench, better system for said pieces, and a better coach. The Jazz added experience, toughness, and length, all of which were areas of weakness in the past couple seasons, and they did so without making a major sacrifice on the offensive end (which they could have, being one of the better teams in the league offensively on a yearly basis). Point being, I'll take the jazz in 6 if these two teams met in a hypothetical playoff series (or the finals :D).

Ok i think looking head to head is the best way to determine what team is better. So let start off with the coaches

Sloan > Thibodeau There is no comparison. Sloan is one of the best all time
Williams > Rose I like rose but he is not as good as Williams yet.
Miles > Brewer before the injusty this could have been argued but Miles is a better rounded player
AK=Deng dang is a great player and might have a slight edge but ak played 3rd fiddle to 2 very good players if he was the focal point like deng he would have put up better numbers
Millsap<Boozer as much as i like Millsap i am not dulisional to think he is better then Boozer
Jefferson>Noah i like noah but Jefferson is going to be an All Star this year and does so much more.
Bell, Hayward,Okur >Korver, johnson,Gibson ther is no compairson here. Our bench is superior to chicagos. Although i like Gibson

If my number are correct i see a score of 5-1-1 utah wins

The teams are very close but what really seperates the Jazz are two factors:

1. Sloan, Bulls have lots of new players and a new coach. It is going to take awhile for them all to used to eachother and a new offense. Then of course the Jazz offense is just way more effecient.

2. Millsap, he is what makes our front court much deeper. We basically have "two Boozers" to their one.

The teams are very close but what really seperates the Jazz are two factors:

1. Sloan, Bulls have lots of new players and a new coach. It is going to take awhile for them all to used to eachother and a new offense. Then of course the Jazz offense is just way more effecient.

2. Millsap, he is what makes our front court much deeper. We basically have "two Boozers" to their one.

Wrong, what separates is Deron Williams.

Ok i think looking head to head is the best way to determine what team is better. So let start off with the coaches

Sloan > Thibodeau There is no comparison. Sloan is one of the best all time
Williams > Rose I like rose but he is not as good as Williams yet.
Miles > Brewer before the injusty this could have been argued but Miles is a better rounded player
AK=Deng dang is a great player and might have a slight edge but ak played 3rd fiddle to 2 very good players if he was the focal point like deng he would have put up better numbers
Millsap<Boozer as much as i like Millsap i am not dulisional to think he is better then Boozer
Jefferson>Noah i like noah but Jefferson is going to be an All Star this year and does so much more.
Bell, Hayward,Okur >Korver, johnson,Gibson ther is no compairson here. Our bench is superior to chicagos. Although i like Gibson

If my number are correct i see a score of 5-1-1 utah wins

I agree with most the comparisons but Rose may be on par with Williams next year, hate to say it but true. Deng has probably surpassed AK. Also Bulls have the defensive center that is more of a traditional winning formula than offensive center (Jefferson/Okur). Our defensive guy will be a PF and SF (Milsap/AK). They also play in the East , which is still a weaker conference. Expect records to be about the same.

It's been said a million times, we were not beating the Lakers with the team we had last year. If Chi manages to get past the heat next spring they too will fall to the lakers with that team. So the Jazz made some great moves to try and improve. Jefferson is bigger and can give laker bigs more of a challenge on both ends of the court. Will it be enough to get past LA, who knows but we've tried the old line up enough times to know that wasn't getting the job done. So it doesn't matter who's better between UT and Chi. It only matters who has the peices to get past LA. Let's hope the Jazz have found those peices.

It's been said a million times, we were not beating the Lakers with the team we had last year. If Chi manages to get past the heat next spring they too will fall to the lakers with that team. So the Jazz made some great moves to try and improve. Jefferson is bigger and can give laker bigs more of a challenge on both ends of the court. Will it be enough to get past LA, who knows but we've tried the old line up enough times to know that wasn't getting the job done. So it doesn't matter who's better between UT and Chi. It only matters who has the peices to get past LA. Let's hope the Jazz have found those peices.

Word to that.

I agree with most the comparisons but Rose may be on par with Williams next year, hate to say it but true. Deng has probably surpassed AK. Also Bulls have the defensive center that is more of a traditional winning formula than offensive center (Jefferson/Okur). Our defensive guy will be a PF and SF (Milsap/AK). They also play in the East , which is still a weaker conference. Expect records to be about the same.

They do have a defensive C. But they also have virtually no shooters. They have Korver. And if he is logging starter minutes then you are getting torn up by average sg/sf's depending on where he is playing.

I don't really like the team Chicago has assembled. I don't think they are geared toward a significant run in the playoffs. I do think they get there but may find themselves eliminated in the 1st round do to their lack of shooting.

They do have a defensive C. But they also have virtually no shooters. They have Korver. And if he is logging starter minutes then you are getting torn up by average sg/sf's depending on where he is playing.

I don't really like the team Chicago has assembled. I don't think they are geared toward a significant run in the playoffs. I do think they get there but may find themselves eliminated in the 1st round do to their lack of shooting.

My dads a bulls fan and I called him when I heard the news about Ronnie Brewer- the very first question he asked was, "is he a shooter?" They were really banking on Reddick and will be very disappointed when they see Ronnie's shot.

Boozer is primarily a jump shooter, playing PF. He was the feature guy in our offense. In Chicago's offense, how will he fit in? I doubt very much he's the feature guy there.
Al Jefferson, OTOH, is a low post guy. Defenses will want to slow him down by packing the paint, which opens up easy jump opportunities.
We are just a better-rounded team, both starters and bench guys.
If Chicago wins a few more games, I still wouldn't consider Chicago "better" because the east has many more bad teams than the west. Head to head record means a lot more...

Chicago is simply the Jazz of a few years ago. Rose will try to do too much, Boozer will score and rebound but give up points on almost every defensive assignment, Korver will hit some 3's but can't guard anyone (no disrespect, I love the guy) and Brewer has no outside shot. As for our Jazz Deron is the best point guard in the NBA, Al > Boozer, Bell > Brewer, AK will be better, Fes will improve and Hey remember how we all fell in love with Milsap? Jazz will be in the hunt for the western championship, and no way chicago does better than 2nd round of the Eastern Playoffs, probably a 4th seed at best (unless other teams lose guys to injuries).