What's new

jazz vs spurs in 2nd round of WFC?

@AV-wtf.gif

However, I think for the Jazz to become serious contenders to go all the way, they need some sort of major improvement. I am very impressed with a 4th place record so far, but 4th place seeds don't often win it all. You can't count on signing players like Gasol or Amare. The best chance of becoming a true contender is if they get amazing skills development out of some of the young players during the season. Guys like Hayward , Price , Miles, Fesenko, Watson, Evans. I am impressed with the bench contribution so far. I am impressed with how the Jazz have developed some players like Millsap and Matthews in the past. They need to see tranformative improvement from not just one, but about 3 of the young guys this year, and continued contribution from the vets. Against the odds, but not impossible.

Good points, but I just don't think there is enough potential there to make the Jazz true contenders. Or rather, the probability of 3 or 4 things happening is very, very slim. How long have we been hoping AK plays with passion - for a long stretch of games; that Fes becomes a defensive stopper; that CJ becomes a consistent shooter? Or maybe Bell regains his form from a few years ago? Okur comes back at 100%? Hayward looks promising. It only took him 30 games to have a few good ones, but let's hope he can keep it up.

The only real hope the Jazz have for contending is for KOC to get a starting wing or a solid 6th man. But I'm not holding my breath. I doubt the Millers want to trade AK and get back all or part of his salry in another long-term contract(s). Financially, it might make better sense just to let his contract expire. Or worse, give up other assets in order to save some luxury tax this season.