What's new

Jazz would've gotten out of the first round if not for the Spurs

If we played any of the other 6 teams we'd have won. I'm sure of it. Aside from the Spurs roster being far superior to ours at the moment, Popovich also at Corbin alive. I like how our roster stacks up with OKC, LA, Den, Mem, LAC and Dallas. Makes some of the awful losses from this regular season even worse now.

What a pisser end to the season.

We would not have beat the Lakers or the Thunder either.

I would say a fighting chance against everyone else.

Oklahoma City would have destroyed us...
We would have competed with the Lakers...
I think the Clippers owned us this year...
We could have beat the Grizzlies :)
I would like our chances with Denver.
I think we could have competed with Dallas...

OKC, Dallas, and the Spurs would've beaten us no doubt.
Lakers, Grizzlies, Clippers would've been tough comp.
Denver would've been easy.

The Jazz have played even or beat every team in the west this year when the games were called fairly even without too much of a bias against the Jazz.

Woulda coulda shoulda ifs ands and buts

We would have beaten the Spurs if we could have hit some outside shots, and Corbin should have put Favors in earlier, but didnt.

Got them all.

The Jazz wouldn't have beat any of the teams in the West if they played the way they played against the Spurs. That being said, if they had played in any way that resembled their last month of the regular season, they would have competed with any of them (including the Spurs) and beaten several of them.

The Jazz have played even or beat every team in the west this year when the games were called fairly even without too much of a bias against the Jazz.

Don't whine about the officiating. Not in this series at least. The Jazz barely showed up. They never played the Spurs close enough to where the officiating could have made any difference.

Wow, doubt very seriously we would have beaten any of them. Would have had a chance against Denver and Dallas but thats about it. All I know is no first round pick unless we trade for one. Has made going to draft sites much more boring.

Don't whine about the officiating. Not in this series at least. The Jazz barely showed up. They never played the Spurs close enough to where the officiating could have made any difference.

that is conjecture...
Spurs get to push foul flop etc at will against the Jazz.
take that away , and it would be a totally different game.
both Jazz home games were close for a while despite the unfair advantage

No need to be derogatory, just because we disagree.

Jazz would have had 2 championships right now if it wasn't for those meddling Bulls...and the fact that life doesn't work this way.

that is conjecture...
Spurs get to push foul flop etc at will against the Jazz.
take that away , and it would be a totally different game.
both Jazz home games were close for a while despite the unfair advantage

No need to be derogatory, just because we disagree.

Derogatory? Wasn't intended to be taken that way. Was just trying to say that all 4 games were essentially blowouts and poor officiating would not have changed the result of the series (at least) and probably not even the result of any single game. We lost because our players couldn't hit an open, uncontested shot.

all conjecture and opinion.
in all probability, the jazz would have hit more shots if the Spurs didn't get away with all the flopping and pushing...
and the spurs would have made less shots if the Jazz got away with comparable flopping and pushing.

there is no way to be sure how things would have turned out in a fair game.
the Jazz home games were even half way through despite the unfair advantage.
if the games were called even, the Jazz might have won more games than they lost.

if the Spurs didn't need the refs help, why did Duncun and Parker and Ginobli spend so much time lobbying the refs for calls?
and why did the Spurs coach freak out just because the refs let Parker get blocked one time by Kanter without a foul called?

Yup, totally agree, we were the best out there except for terrible interior defense, lack of shooting, poor PG play, and weak coaching. Yup, were are knocking on the door.

you play better offense when you get away with more flopping and pushing and fouling and travels and moving picks and elbows
you play better defense when you get away with more flopping and pushing and fouling and travels and moving picks and elbows

you can't isolate the calls and the performance, and say that one doesn't have anything to do with the other.