What's new

Jazzfanz and Jazz fans

All I ever hear from the tank brigade is how there's no sence in making the playoffs because we will just get swept becaues we dont have a star like Durant or a Kobe. I was more or less generalizing, but we all know their are some that think that, or willing to give up the playoffs at the slimest chance the 8th or 14th pick will land us a superstar, which isn't going to happen most likely.

This is so offensive. You need to learn proper grammar and English spelling.

Remember this saying.

It's not about the X's and O's it about the Jim's and Joe's.

Question:

Where do the Jim's and Joe's come from? Is it the draft?

All I ever hear from the tank brigade is how there's no sence in making the playoffs because we will just get swept becaues we dont have a star like Durant or a Kobe. I was more or less generalizing, but we all know their are some that think that, or willing to give up the playoffs at the slimest chance the 8th or 14th pick will land us a superstar, which isn't going to happen most likely.

People have said, "we don't have a Durant", but no one has suggested that we can get that type of player in the draft. We all see a very good young core with holes in it at PG, and maybe SF. Both of those needs could be filled through the draft with potential All-Stars (note I said All-Star, not a superstar like Durant).

If we can keep both picks, and get a PG and another wing, we would have a future starting lineup of all lottery picks, as well as a sixth man lottery pick. It would be incredibly balanced, and enough to put us in contention depending on how everyone developed...but no one has ever stated, or even inferred that we could get a superstar in the draft.

I'm not telling anyone what to think, just portraying MY opinion on how surprised I am with the community being so PO'd all the time and rooting for us to tank.

Sorry, new to this. @ Jimmy eat Jazz

I'm not telling anyone what to think, just portraying MY opinion on how surprised I am with the community being so PO'd all the time and rooting for us to tank.

Sorry, new to this. @ Jimmy eat Jazz

I think there is often a misunderstanding concerning the term "tank." Tanking is when the management/coaches/players PURPOSELY lose. We are seeing that in GS, atm. But no one (that I'm aware of?) is suggesting that we actively try to lose. Do I hope we lose on Friday? Yes. Do I want anyone on the team to do so on purpose? No.

I think there is often a misunderstanding concerning the term "tank." Tanking is when the management/coaches/players PURPOSELY lose. We are seeing that in GS, atm. But no one (that I'm aware of?) is suggesting that we actively try to lose. Do I hope we lose on Friday? Yes. Do I want anyone on the team to do so on purpose? No.

...exactly haha I am concerned with the JazzFanz community wanting us to lose

...exactly haha I am concerned with the JazzFanz community wanting us to lose

I actually just wanted GS to win. If they had won a few of the other games they gave up the last few weeks, I wouldn't have been hoping for them to beat the Jazz so much. I don't think the Jazz will do anything in the playoffs, and the young players haven't been playing enough so I don't think a 4-5 game playoff run will be that beneficial compared to the 8-9 pick in the draft. Since they probably won't get that, I am just fine with them not making the playoffs and getting their own. I have never really liked AJ and am meh about Harris. I really don't care to watch CJ in the playoffs. I would like to see Milsap and Hayward in the playoffs though. Nobody else will get real significant time. Last week I was all for the Jazz making the playoffs, but losing two home games that they shouldn't have changed my opinion of that.

I would rather have an experienced player that you know exactly what they will bring than another developing guy. It seems like it would just be too hard to be developing 5 players and expect success. 6 would be crazy. Plus you have to spend up close to the cap so there would be guys getting paid bushels to be hated by the fans, weather that's Al & Devin or some other guys playing starter minutes.

What happens if Utah keeps their pick? Does it just reset for the next season like GS's? It seems like it would be better to have a pick next year when we know what the current crop is growing into for sure, but I don't know how good next year's draft looks. Maybe that's why everybody wants the picks now.

...true but that doesn't gaurentee us winning in the future... and the odds of drafting the next KD are low.... i like elipses....

Like what's his face said, we don't need a Durant to become contenders--we have a great core, it's just not complete.

And who cares if it's not a sure thing? It's called taking a chance...something you have to do to win it all. Besides, the picks toward the end of the lottery have more upside and less risk than you could possibly hope fore. Seriously, go look at some mocks--guys like Quincy Miller and Austin Rivers may not even be taken in the lottery.

I would rather have an experienced player that you know exactly what they will bring than another developing guy. It seems like it would just be too hard to be developing 5 players and expect success. 6 would be crazy. Plus you have to spend up close to the cap so there would be guys getting paid bushels to be hated by the fans, weather that's Al & Devin or some other guys playing starter minutes.

What happens if Utah keeps their pick? Does it just reset for the next season like GS's? It seems like it would be better to have a pick next year when we know what the current crop is growing into for sure, but I don't know how good next year's draft looks. Maybe that's why everybody wants the picks now.

That's exactly why.

I can see your point about how it would be better to bring in an already established player, but for a low market like us, we can't expect much from free agency, and this organization isn't exactly known for making big, risky trades. Yes, there was the Williams trade, but come on, that was the exception, not the rule. The draft is our best shot at building a contender, and this year's crop is as good as any. Now is the time to take a risk and hope it works out.

Like what's his face said, we don't need a Durant to become contenders--we have a great core, it's just not complete.

And who cares if it's not a sure thing? It's called taking a chance...something you have to do to win it all. Besides, the picks toward the end of the lottery have more upside and less risk than you could possibly hope fore. Seriously, go look at some mocks--guys like Quincy Miller and Austin Rivers may not even be taken in the lottery.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree! I would personally love to make the playoffs, but if we dont, I hope we get a great draft pick.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree! I would personally love to make the playoffs, but if we dont, I hope we get a great draft pick.

I'd be more open to the idea of the playoffs if it was the young guys getting us there...I just don't trust that Corbin will give any of them significant minutes other than Hayward, so we'll basically just be giving playoff experience to a bunch of vets that probably won't be on the team in a few years anyway...seems like a big waste if you ask me, especially considering the depth of talent in the 2012 draft that we would miss out on.

I'd be more open to the idea of the playoffs if it was the young guys getting us there...I just don't trust that Corbin will give any of them significant minutes other than Hayward, so we'll basically just be giving playoff experience to a bunch of vets that probably won't be on the team in a few years anyway...seems like a big waste if you ask me, especially considering the depth of talent in the 2012 draft that we would miss out on.

Yeah the main thing that bothers me is Ty's rotation. Put a little trust in the young guys will ya? And Jeremy Evans hasn't escaped Corbins basement in months to see some minutes.

Yeah the main thing that bothers me is Ty's rotation. Put a little trust in the young guys will ya? And Jeremy Evans hasn't escaped Corbins basement in months to see some minutes.

Cap'n Obvious????????????????????????????????????????? I kid