What's new

Jazzfanz BAWSE Fantasy Draft

spycam1

image.png

A little game called....our annual off-season fantasy draft! You know, since things are getting a little dull around here (thanks Obama).

We can change the rules as we see fit, but here's the basic idea:

-We take turns picking players from NBA history, as if they were all in their primes at the same time, to construct a team of 10 players.

-We will use a Snake draft format and draft order will be determined randomly.

-Since no one is on the same schedule, we will say you have 12 hours to make your selection once you are on the clock (but please only sign up if you think you'll be available to make a selection relatively quickly).

-When the draft is finished and everyone has constructed their team, a tournament bracket will be formed. Placement in the bracket will be randomly determined. For each match up, a poll will be formed and Jazzfanz will vote to determine the winner in terms of a theoretical 7 game series.

-Everything from team chemistry to overall talent should be put into consideration when forming your team and voting.

-Participants should rep the winner.

-This is meant to provide some basketball related fun during the off season lulls. Don't be a douche. Just have fun! And If you have ANY ideas on how to make the game more fun, let them be heard!

Ten to sixteen people would be ideal for this. Soooo......

Who want's to play? Live...or die in the off-season boredom. Make your choice.

OFFICIAL DRAFT ORDER

1. oyster
2. Chris-L
3. spycam1
4. Hotnickkk
5. Weezur
6. Zulu
7. Hack
8. Gyp
9. heyhey
10. fishonjazz
11. A-Train
12. LogGrad98

Round 1:

1. Michael Jordan (oyster)
2. Wilt Chamberlain (Chris-L)
3. Hakeem Olajuwon (spycam1)
4. Shaquille O'Neal (Hotttnickkk)
5. Magic Johnson (Weezur)
6. LeBron James (Zulu)
7. Karl Malone (Hack)
8. Larry Bird (Gyp)
9. Kareem Abdul Jabbar (heyhey)
10. Bill Russell (fishonjazz)
11. John Stockton (A-Train)
12. David Robinson (LogGrad98)

Round 2:

1. Tim Duncan (LogGrad98)
2. Kobe Bryant (A-Train)
3. Oscar Robertson (fishonjazz)
4. Julius Erving (heyhey)
5. Jerry West (Gyp)
6. Kevin Durant (Hack)
7. Moses Malone (Zulu)
8. Kevin McHale (Weezur)
9. Kevin Garnett (Hotttnickkk)
10. Charles Barkley (SpyCam)
11. Isiah Thomas (Chris-L)
12. Elgin Baylor (Oyster)

Round 3:

1. Bob Pettit (Oyster)
2. Scottie Pippen (Chris-L)
3. Dwyane Wade (spycam1)
4. Dirk Nowitzki (Hottnickkk)

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun idea. I look forward to voting on teams. One should be done with Jazzfanz posters instead of players as well.

It's your league, and I'll play either way, but I think it would be kind of fun to draft current players or maybe players from a certain decade. 90's draft would be sick.

But yeah, count me in.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

It's your league, and I'll play either way, but I think it would be kind of fun to draft current players or maybe players from a certain decade. 90's draft would be sick.

But yeah, count me in.

Hmm...current players could be interesting. Wouldn't it pretty similar to a normal fantasy league, then?

Ya, which is probly why I liked the idea :)

Just do the all time draft

The voting feature is tricky.
It pretty much means, whoever can secure StockMalone is going to rule every poll.
#1 will pick Jordan, #2 LeBron
0 votes :D

Gyp would really like to play but would need to email picks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I would normally do it, but I've got too many other things going on atm.. and just don't want to Gyp the draft.

I would normally do it, but I've got too many other things going on atm.. and just don't want to Gyp the draft.

Atm= *** to.......