What's new

Jazzfanz Twitter Group Chat/Leaving JFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
Yo JFC fam.

I've decided I'm going to mostly quit posting on Jazzfanz. Things have gotten ridiculous regarding the Modstapo and people who target me for bans.

This was the post I received a 2 week ban for

Saint Cy of JFC,

Your actions in this message (Predict the Rudy Gobert trade) are not appropriate:
I’m legit asking you why a team wouldn’t start off with a good offer for the type of level of player Gobert is. No other player his caliber has gone for less because they wanted out or the other teams knew they did.
Ok, you're going to pull a Lopo instead of reading the very concise thing I typed and responding to it. IT's ok you have a very limited brain.

We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to "troll". This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.

Yeah, this is what I'm getting banned for.

This board has fallen off a cliff with posters like White Chocolate, UtahJazz32 and Lopo being able to troll, argue in bad faith, then turn around and spam report my post to the point I'm getting banned for PG level insults. If other people got banned for this level of posting, there would be no on posting here but somehow I get targeted like crazy for these tame post.

It would be cool to start a Jazzfanz Group Chat on twitter. If you want to join and have a twitter account, message me your twitter handle on here and I will add you. T

I'm sad to see Cy go. I haven't reported him for years despite the constant abuse. It's too bad he has to blame people like me instead of just owning up to his actions.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

This board has fallen off a cliff with posters like White Chocolate, UtahJazz32 and Lopo being able to troll, argue in bad faith, then turn around and spam report my post to the point I'm getting banned for PG level insults. If other people got banned for this level of posting, there would be no on posting here but somehow I get targeted like crazy for these tame post.
I'm not on Twitter, but I wish you good luck.

That said, it's always better to assume inability/inattention rather than bad faith, particularly if the poster has never shown the ability to present a well-thought-out argument.

While I think you've been overly aggressive and at times pretty detrimental to the general level of discussion on the forum, I think this is very sad for the forum. You are definitely improving the value of this board to me.

Personally, I don't use twitter. I would definitely consider a group on e.g. Telegram or Mastodon, but I do believe the best would be to remain here.

The funny thing is I’m not even the one who reported it nor have I ever. Sounds like the same thing with LoPo. Outside people are reporting you. You can say I troll or argue in bad faith but I never personally attack other posters which is your biggest problem. Like in your responses you’d rather insult someone rather than actually prove your point through discussion.

Regardless, you are a valued poster and it will suck to see you go. I think you should try to stop with the insults and try a different discussion method or simply ignore the posters you don’t agree with if you can’t control what you say back.

I really do enjoy your posts and content whether I agree with it or not. I do see value in your posts and agree with you a good chunk of the time. You should reconsider.

The funny thing is I’m not even the one who reported it nor have I ever. Sounds like the same thing with LoPo. Outside people are reporting you. You can say I troll or argue in bad faith but I never personally attack other posters which is your biggest problem. Like in your responses you’d rather insult someone rather than actually prove your point through discussion.

Regardless, you are a valued poster and it will suck to see you go. I think you should try to stop with the insults and try a different discussion method or simply ignore the posters you don’t agree with if you can’t control what you say back.

I really do enjoy your posts and content whether I agree with it or not. I do see value in your posts and agree with you a good chunk of the time. You should reconsider.
View attachment 12231

I hope Donovan continues to get bodied then. Absolute ****ing clueless clown.

Interesting.

I ain't no snitch, looks like the moderators couldn't stand the insults to other members on here. Good luck

I never said I don’t do it from time to time. You are deflecting instead of just owning up to your actions.
Yeah, this is what this board has devolved to. People who say one thing then completely backtrack the moment someone reputable and substantive makes a post.

Yeah, this is what this board has devolved to. People who say one thing then completely backtrack the moment someone reputable and substantive makes a post.

Why don’t you try what I said and try to prove a point through discussion rather than getting upset and insulting multiple posters at a time.

Cy trying to equate calling someone a clown vs the type of insults he uses is exactly the problem he has. I’m pretty sure you try to hit deep with your insults like including things about Alabama to LoPo when he felt like he could share where he was from but you just use it to throw it in his face.

You named myself but how about the others on here that you have encouraged and fueled to follow your influence and behaviour? If you have to leave, do so with dignity and stop acting like the victim. The moderators were justified with their actions

Honestly, I don't think they are aware of it, and quite possibly can not be made to see it. Sometimes people are like that, and they won't change just because it upsets you.

Honestly, I don't think they are aware of it, and quite possibly can not be made to see it. Sometimes people are like that, and they won't change just because it upsets you.
Ok, but I should be able to lob mild insults at their intelligence without getting infractions.

I know there is a line, but saying someone is a weasel or that they have limited brain power isn't the line. Especially in a forum that still allows the word BITCH to be typed.

Status
Not open for further replies.