What's new

Jefferson is one Bad Mutha

jrclone

I was so pumped to see him stand up to Garnett and hold his ground. This is the kind of toughness that we need to develop. It felt amazing to be able to watch the Jazz play with some attitude and heart, even in a losing effort.
This is my favorite quote from the night:

But he then added that he felt disrespected. “Honestly, Kevin don’t bother me as far as his talking,’’ Jefferson said. “Everybody can go off and talk and yap at the mouth, but I’m not going to tolerate no one touching on me and pushing me. He just pushed me like I’m a coward, and I’m not a coward. Never have been. - Boston Globe
Jefferson = Shaft
shaft_movie1234141873.jpg
28831.jpg

Now if we can continue to play like that, I can handle being patient for the wins.

Oh and one more gem from the interview:
“It’s a lot of things I can tolerate. I’ve been in this league long enough to know that he’s going to talk. He likes to hear himself talk. But he’s not going to touch me on a point like, ‘I’m going to punk you.’ You’re not going to do that to me. I’m a cool cat, and I don’t bother nobody. But he’s not going to touch me, and that’s just the bottom line.’’

I'm really happy with Al's development. I don't know that he'll keep playing like he has for the rest of the year, but I think he will definitely be an all star next year if he keeps this up and because he'll finally be classified as a center on the ballot.

BTW, link to the interview?

Oh and one more gem from the interview:
“It’s a lot of things I can tolerate. I’ve been in this league long enough to know that he’s going to talk. He likes to hear himself talk. But he’s not going to touch me on a point like, ‘I’m going to punk you.’ You’re not going to do that to me. I’m a cool cat, and I don’t bother nobody. But he’s not going to touch me, and that’s just the bottom line.’’

Great quote. It was great to see AJ step up to KG. I liked the fire I saw. That said, KG did that for a reason, to see how far he could take it...he was drawing his line in the sand.

I'm really happy with Al's development. I don't know that he'll keep playing like he has for the rest of the year, but I think he will definitely be an all star next year if he keeps this up and because he'll finally be classified as a center on the ballot.

BTW, link to the interview?

Great quote. It was great to see AJ step up to KG. I liked the fire I saw. That said, KG did that for a reason, to see how far he could take it...he was drawing his line in the sand.

Na, he's just a perverted *** wipe and couldn't hold back any longer.

Love to see that. Remember that sequence - he got up in KG's grill, they were t'd up, then Corbin went to right back to Al on the left block (which I loved). A hard double-team came and Al travelled. That's the lesson from playoff-type basketball a player like Al needs to learn from, where you got a new kind of intensity, all kinds of other distractions and things going on and you lose forcus just a bit and try to run away from the double team. Al will be a better player because of it, but he's got the important part down. Players can learn from the turnovers, but you can't teach toughness.

KG is all talk. If the NBA wasn't so harsh on fighting these days i'm sure half the league what have fought him and won by now.

I use to like KG until a few years ago. It all started when they played the Hawks in the playoffs and he almost got into it with one of their players. I don't know his name and I'm too lazy to find it. Since then, I haven't liked the guy.

Thanks for always showing the nation your nipple.

KG is all talk. If the NBA wasn't so harsh on fighting these days i'm sure half the league what have fought him and won by now.

What did Bosh call him "a fake tough guy" who has probably never been in a fight in his life?

Perfect assessment.

Great player though.

What did Bosh call him "a fake tough guy" who has probably never been in a fight in his life?

Perfect assessment.

Great player though.

Kevin Durant called Chris Bosh "a fake tough guy."

KG is the original fake tough guy. Also nice to see that Ray Allen is become a world-class a-hole as well.

I use to like KG until a few years ago. It all started when they played the Hawks in the playoffs and he almost got into it with one of their players. I don't know his name and I'm too lazy to find it. Since then, I haven't liked the guy.

Thanks for always showing the nation your nipple.
Zaza Pachulia. Gave up trying to find the video.

But let's get real. Most teams could use what KG brings and we'd all love the **** out of him if he was here.

Seeing Al like he was last night was something new. I hope it wasn't merely an aberration, although statistically he's been much improved for a while now.