What's new

Jehovah Witnesses

If it's a point of pride for them, aren't they committing the sin of pride?

I think the sin of pride and being proud of something are two different things. I don't really know how LDS people feel, though. My choice of words may not have been exactly right.

I think the sin of pride and being proud of something are two different things. I don't really know how LDS people feel, though. My choice of words may not have been exactly right.

Half of that was more of a stupid joke, but I have now realized it didn't come across that way...

I don't think it is a feeling of pride or being pleased with themselves when they can live up to the standards of the church. For those that truly believe in the teachings of the LDS faith, it is simply the way they are suppose to live and I think few even think it a sacrifice. Being happy is a choice - no matter the religious denomination or lack there of.

I don't think it is a feeling of pride or being pleased with themselves when they can live up to the standards of the church. For those that truly believe in the teachings of the LDS faith, it is simply the way they are suppose to live and I think few even think it a sacrifice. Being happy is a choice - no matter the religious denomination or lack there of.

I can attest to that. They like to go to church, don't miss things like swearing, coffee, cigs and alcohol. After a while it is just the way you are.

The crux of my statement for the lack of my objectivity was more of his religious attack, not my opiate statement specifically. How religion acts for people has nothing to do with his consistent attacks.

I'm not making an argument that religion is more attractive at all. I really don't care what other people are doing, as long as what their faith is has some sort of positive effect on their life, and they let me to freely practice my own faith as well.

Rep'd.

PS: PKM, I give your trolling a solid 1.7/10.

Well, that's good I guess .... Cuz there's no trolling. Perhaps you should give my non-trolling posts a solid .0000001.

I had a JW try to prosleytize me this summer while I was in North Dakota. Nice man but rather odd.

I had a JW try to prosleytize me this summer while I was in North Dakota. Nice man but rather odd.

Woah, there is an old timer that we don't see often around these parts any more. Were you working the oil rigs in ND? I know a couple dudes from here that have gone up there.

Maybe misinformed but dumb? If I do not know about exceptions in islam when it comes to pork that does not make it dumb, sorry. They do not teach those things in Universities I attended. You see muslim terrorists in USA prisons complaining about violations of their rights and demanding halal meats - because according to them that they can't eat non halal beef so who would have though they are allowed to eat pork...

What in the **** is halal meat?

Woah, there is an old timer that we don't see often around these parts any more. Were you working the oil rigs in ND? I know a couple dudes from here that have gone up there.

No oil rigs. Filled in for one of 6 open sales routes. Williston was about 4 hours west of where I was. Glad that's over...